Ormsary

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Ormsary

Postby caro » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Ok - here goes... I've been on the bucket (! - photo one, of course!) so will try to pop the photos on of the JogScotland girls who traipsed through the mud in Ormsary today.

I now know what a "short climb" really means! :? :wink

caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ags » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:17 pm

How did it go then? Presume it was a tough one Caro :oops:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby caro » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:27 pm

Tougher than I thought, Ags!

Lots of sharp hills and off-road for a bit. Beautiful views and lovely woodland though - and a brilliant, community feel to it.

I can say now I'm home and cosy that I really quite enjoyed it!! :shock:
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ags » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:34 pm

Thought you would maybe all have been "stopping off" somewhere before home :lol: :lol: - well done all of you!! Bet I won't be able to keep up with you all tomorrow night :oops:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:54 pm

Great day out at the Tin Farm 5 race at Ormsary . It was well organised and the small village atmosphere was great. It seemed the whole population of Ormsary was out to marshall and cheer us on. The local kids were at the finishing line handing out medals and goody bags which was nice and the homemade soup,sandwiches and flapjacks were just what was needed to keep us warm after the race. Well done to the organisers Kirsty and Anne. Will be back next year. 8)

As for the race itself....it was a challenging route with plenty of steep hills...not one , not two but three at least.
Saying that it was a scenic route which ran along the shore line (even the local seals were on the rocks cheering us on ) , through the muddy forest tracks of Ormsary estate towards a small flowing 'river' which i think was to clean the mud of the shoes before we entered the last mile . :lol: All the girls did well and I was personally pleased with my time.

Ags....and I know you wont believe me but we had nae wine on the bus hame....but did stop of for a wee one on the way hame. :D

Great pics Caro ...well done for managing to post them.

Last but not least a big thank you to all our wee supporters who came to cheer us on ....Morgan, Cameron , Gregor, Rhuaraidh and Violet. :D :D And you too DJD. :wink:
Last edited by Pans Lass on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:55 pm

caro wrote:Tougher than I thought, Ags!

I can say now I'm home and cosy that I really quite enjoyed it!! :shock:

Can't agree more with that one Caro.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:15 pm

Good race report Pans Lass .... saved me doing one :wink:

It's a great feeling once you are back home, as you soon forget how hard the race was, and think about how much you enjoyed your day out :D

The race organisers have been really quick at getting the official results out and I'm 2 seconds faster than my watch time :)

Looking forward to doing it all over again next year :)
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:19 pm

i was going to publish a race report but i think pans lass covered it all very eloquently so i'll not bother. i cant seem to open the attachment with the results on it and neither can pans lass so if someone could keep me a copy of it i would be grateful. :D

i personally enjoyed it all to and a big cheer to the organisers from me too, i think they maybe stretched the hill thing on the entry form as i found the ups quite taxing :oops: and the downs were just mental :lol: and i think you right about that river to wash the mud off pans, but all in all once its done and you are home cosy it was a great cross country run :D and a definite for next year as long as they serve up the delicious recovery grub again. :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run