Great Winter Run/Dublin

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:06 pm

Thanks DJD ....'WE WILL ' . :lol:

Forgot to say to the girls coming up in the new sports minibus ,have a safe journey and remember the bus leaves the wee toon at 6.30am prompt, nae sleepin in , gets those alarm clocks set. :shock: And dont forget to pick me up in Glasgow ...if you see someone running along the hard shoulder of the M8 , just toot and i will be ready to jump in. :lol: You are all in safe hands with oor fiona at the wheel. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Dublin

Postby Skerry » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:20 pm

Good luck to all the Dublin runners.

Have a great time, enjoy the run and do the "wee toon" proud. :D
Skerry
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby fiona28 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:14 am

pans lass i still have that vision of you running along the hard shoulder greetin :cry: n wavin shoutin wait 4 me n me saying to the lassies in the bus wow did u all c that lassie we jist passed looked so much like wee pans lass there but it canna be she's gettin us at the airport!!! :wink:

mind n have on the lippie pans n theyll b no mistaking u. :D

sid ill gie u a wee call later on i think if u told us where to meet u n catherine with u bein a local n all n us just being country girls fae the "wee toon runners"

i did my last run last saturday with the jogscotland girls and thats been it, ive been sorta hit n miss since coming back from edinburgh half so im a defo candidate for taking my time and enjoying the day mind u i have done about 7 classes this week so that will help!!!

thanks to all for the good wishes, will give a full report when we get back.
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:47 pm

I'm getting excited now :lol: Probably wont sleep tonight for fear of sleeping in :roll: .
Girls - IF -"BIG IF" - you are planning on calling home to check on the men and weans and are vodafone customers call 5555 from your mobi to add vodafone passport. You will then just pay a 75p connection charge per call and be charged at your normal local rate instead of international rates!!
See you all extremely early tomorrow :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby caro » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Okay...the packing's done, the wee man and me have said our goodbyes in tears - I know it's only three days but I'll fair miss him! :cry:

I followed Elaine and Lindsay O in from Stewarton last night for our last wee run before the big day, Eilidh and Claire and I were in Tesco discussing the hand luggage issue, followed Ags' advice re the mobile phone, found some bin bags lurking in the back of the cupboard, rammed our team T-shirts into the holdall, the girls in the School Office have given me a Photo Challenge to complete in order to take my mind off being in the air and I think....

I'M READY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

See you all in the morning!! Thanks to everyone for their good wishes - we will have our usual tall tales to tell :lol:
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Joan Brown » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:47 pm

Best of luck for the Dublin Run!
See you in Campbeltown on 25th May- is anyone doing the Women's 10k the week before?
Joan Brown
Joan Brown
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby daftdog » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:54 pm

Just a quick note for all Ryan Air travelers. 15Kilo is the allowance for checked in luggage. Last time i flew with them at christmas, i was just over on my three cases and they charged me excess on each (bloody bathroom scales :evil: ) but the wifey that checked us in never had the grace to remind me we each had a 5kilo carry on allowance, so we could take stuff out and carry it in our hand luggage. (something i did for the next flight we had later that day). I can't remember, but i think its about £8 per kilo or part there of.
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:01 pm

Yes, best wishes to everyone who is going. Mind and take plenty of photos. 8) :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Good luck to all the runners in Dublin. I can see PBs already. Just don't fall into the Liffy at night :D
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:28 pm

On behalf of everyone running fae the wee toon in Dublin this weekend ..thanks for all your good wishes. :D

Thanks for the info on the weight allowance Daftdog....I have been caught out before with Ryanair but gave the guy who checked me in a big smile, :) paid him a compliment and he let me off with it. :wink: :lol: So girls have your best smile on at the check in desk.

See you all in the morning. Case re-packed tonight with a few extra additions for Sunday night's party. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:16 am

WE ALL JUST WOKE UP TO BLIZZARD LIKE CONDITIONS THIS MORNING........JUST AWAY TO BUILD A SNOWMAN BEFORE BREAKFAST.MAY NOT BE HOME TIL THURSDAY ...SNOWED IN ........AND NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VERY ATTENTIVE IRISHMEN. :wink: :lol:

LOOK AFTER THE MEN AND WEANS BACK HAME . :wink:

ON A SERIOUS NOTE WE HOPE THE RUN IS STILL ON BECAUSE WE HAD NAE DRINK LAST NIGHT AND AS WE ARE USED TO KINTYRE'S ADVERSE WEATHER WE WILL DO OUR BEST. THINK THE PB'S ARE OOT THE WINDOW.

PS. THE TRAINERS LOOK LIKE BEING REPLACED BY SNOWSHOES. :wink: :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sid Gallagher » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:36 pm

I am expecting a post from pans lass soon. we all finished and managed to keep ahead of Tom from greenock and had some guiness at the Half way House. i think it was half way to america. It took me ages to find it. I've just had a showrer and we are heading out to meet the others. details later ......
Bertie saw us off and eilidh B met Rhonan Keating
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:03 pm

oops, I posted some of the finishing times on the wrong thread.....on the How Is The Training Going thread.

Still cant get any more times..........

There will be some carry on in Dublin tonight :P 8) maybe we will hear all about it....or maybe not!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:02 pm

We are back ...................great time was had by all.... Race reports to follow. 8)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby caro » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:01 pm

Yep - all back safe and sound! :oops:

Had a brilliant weekend and very pleased with my run time which was 1:08:17 - over 3 mins faster than my previous PB so getting there slowly but surely!!!! Very cold before and during the run and a good few killer inclines which slowed me down in the 2nd 5K - but every run builds experience and really pleased to get another 10K under my belt.

Thanks to all the girls for making it a truly memorable and fun weekend - lots of laughs and dancing! :lol: Well done to everyone on their own achievements - we all did ourselves proud! Thanks as well to Pans and fiona 28 for the minibus driving and to Alison and Wee Moi for keeping the euro kitty and making it last and last...! :)

Amsterdam - here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run