Great Winter Run/Dublin

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:41 am

1 week to go .......yippee

Taper week now everyone. :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby caro » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:13 pm

That's the meal booked for Saturday night :D :D

Line wasn't good but hopefully the details are all okay and we'll be well-fed!

Going to pack now... ! :cry:
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:17 pm

pans lass has been assured by the folk we got our gear from that the letters are wash proof - just to let you all know :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Carmen » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:09 pm

Good luck to everyone going to Dublin. Have a great weekend.
Carmen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

re Dublin runners

Postby tilly » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:16 am

Hi guys just wishing you all the best of luck running in Dublin. Go do yourselves proud, wish i could be with you all. Remember not too much drinking or they might not let you's back home on the plane.

Brought trainers with me to Dubia but i think they will probably remain in there case as weather absolutely roasting. great holiday so far.
Looking forward to seeing you all when i get home think i will be back with the beginners full stop as fitness will be gone with too much eating, drinking and not enough exercise.

Any way good luck in Dublin and have a blast.
Tilly :)
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Katfer » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:28 am

Yes, good luck to all heading Dublin this weekend, very envious of you. I'm sure you will all come back with fabulous times as usual and all the hard work recently will have paid off.

Good luck and enjoy.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:36 pm

thanks for all your good wishes folks.

had an e-mail from Jogscotland HQ today wondering were we travelling to Dublin and would we be willing to do an article for stride next issue ...... WE'RE NOT SHY :D IM SURE WE COULD MANAGE A COUPLE OF CENSORED PHOTOS :wink:

oh and robbie robb nabbed me today to speak on the radio at lunchtime about our jaunt so i gave us a good mention, mind that request for 10am sat morning robbie - girls just wanna they just wannaaaaa -- have fun 8)
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:57 pm

Yes, thanks for all the good wishes everyone. Girls just wanna have fun is on the cards. :wink:

Sounds like you are having a blast in Dubai Tilly , look forward to catching up when you get back. Keep those trainers in the suitcase and enjoy the luxury of Dubai. Its a magnificent place to be . :)

Censored photos right enough fiona28 ..... :shock:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:06 pm

Another wee tip for the group heading for Dublin.....as its going to be cold, a good idea would be to pack a large plastic bag to wrap round you to keep you warm before the race. :)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:35 am

feel terrible i forgot to put out a big shout to wee tilly and her gang out there in dubai sunning it up, hope you are all having a great time 8)

here's one for you tilly, you've missed the last 2 jaunts so keep 6/7 sept clear in your hectic diary - its glasgow revisited i think it looks like the big yellow bus is going to the glasgow fresh n lo 10K (oops sorry sports council, its a white bus :D )

hava gr8 time and say hello to all from their friends. :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:19 am

Hope you are having a great time Tilly! You are in the best place as Dublin looks like it will be far from roasting! Havent managed on here for a week and thought I was all packed.....will need to go and add the extra socks for after the run, carrier bags for the feet, bin bags for keeping warm.....extra padding for the gin bottle I suppose but great tips thank you all!
I know Saturday is supposed to be a nil nane nada zilch alcohol day but since the run isnt till lunchtime on Sunday I hope I can justify a wee vino before flying :oops:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sid Gallagher » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:44 pm

I have just been for my last run before Sunday. Looking forward to it now. :D We get into dublin Saturday night and are staying out in Howth. Is there a place we can meet before the run on sunday?
Have you had e mails today about the run. There are some events on Saturday if you have the time.
And you can meet Sonia O'Sullivan !

And what about after the run :D Where is the rendezvous point? :?
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby daftdog » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:49 pm

Good luck to all you (in my opinion) lunatics, please keep the noise down if you all get steaming and find yourself passing the airport on Sunday night.. some of us will be trying to get some sleep :wink:
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:28 pm

Had my last run this afternoon too Sid and only did 4 miles but really found it a struggle for some reason. :oops:

Glad I have to REST now til Sunday.

We dont have a rendevous point organsied yet before or after run ,do you have any suggestions for us of where it would be good to meet up with you and Catherine. Will send you a PM with our mobile contacts . :wink:
Have'nt checked my emails today yet so will have a look and see what is on , we arrive in Dublin around 2pm.
so we have lots of free time . 8)

We wont be arriving back home til Monday night Daftdog, its the poor Dublin folk that we will be keeping awake Sunday night. :wink: :wink: Thnaks for your good luck wishes. :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:53 pm

l won't say have a great time,"I JUST KNOW YOU WILL" your a right good bunch and l envy you all.

By the way the top of the range for plastic bags are Frezzer bags,but knowing you lot you will no doubt like to be colour co-ordinated and matching your track suits.

Look forward to hearing all about your trip.

Have a great run everyone of you.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run