Great Winter Run/Dublin

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Great Winter Run/Dublin

Postby caro » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:54 pm

Just been on the greatrun website. The Dublin 10k is definitely 6th April at Phoenix Park, Dublin. Also spotted the Great Winter Run - a 5k in Edinburgh on 12th January. Have entered this event too to give me something to focus on over the winter.
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:58 pm

Great Caro....looks like Dublin is one for us Jog Scotland girls and the big yella bus. This will be one for 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun ' Diary :lol: :lol:

Think I might join you for the Edinburgh 5k in January but I hope to find a 10k to do as well in the New Year. As you say its a good one to keep you motivated over the Christmas period.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Just been on runners world and found a 10k / half marathon in Buchlyvie, near Stirling on the 26th January. Looks a good race to put on the calendar for the New Year . Anyone else interested in New Year races ?
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby caro » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:49 am

Great Pans - was hoping some of the crew would join me! :lol:
Buchlyvie sounds good too - think I'll be up for that!
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:32 pm

god almighty you lot are addicts, well done, im committing to nothing but dublin for the minute, would love to take the beginners up to the 5k in jan but not sure if folk will want to go.

will ask next week :D

keep up the good work girls :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jackiefulton » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:53 pm

Re Dublin, the women's mini marathon / 10k is the race Mary H was talking about and is 2 June 2008
The Great Irish run / 10k is in April

The atmosphere and the numbers of women getting together, many first time walkers / joggers / runners is what makes the June one so brilliant - am sure the April one will be good - but am holding out for the June event, only problem is 3 in a row! glasgow, MOKrun and Dublin,
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:33 pm

Oops I have just entered online for The Great Ireland Run 6th April ...a bit ambitious but I like to plan ahead . Didn't realise there was another one in June but saying that Jackie its only a week after the MOK which I feel is too much for me as i am planning to do the half then so April will be good for me. Gives me a good break between Glasgow and the MOK .
:shock:

I am sure June will be a great event too ! Cant fit them all in. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:26 pm

You're getting as addicted as me at entering races Pans Lass :wink:

I'm definitely going to do the Buchlyvie 10k as I did this race last year. It is mainly flat except for a hill near the finish. The start and finish of this race is over road, but the middle 7k section is over a track. I've never ran the same race twice so I'm looking forward to this one, and hopefully I can improve on last years time!
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:47 pm

Buchlyvie sounds a good PB race iceblue if its mainly flat so looking forward to it. :wink: Reading on the website it sounds well supported by the local villagers....small town atmosphere . 8)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:24 pm

you pair are tempting me, whats the website :D think i would do the half marathon however, whats your thots about it iceblue, did you see any of the route :shock: or would i be better keeping up the lung busters till then.

trying to get back into the long runs after the tin pan 5 and if i sign up for a new year 10k then ill need to train 10kish till then so thats bending me towards doing the half as i want to improve this years half time next year in the mok. :D

the whole running year revolves around that one and doing well in your home town :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:47 pm

Here is the website fiona28 .....www.buchlyvie10k.co.uk . Looks a good one to do. Tried to download entry form but could not access it , could you iceblue :?: So haven't entered yet but will as soon as it becomes available. Form reading the website it looks like it will be one that will fill up fast.

A good race to burn off all those festive calories. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:29 pm

Fiona28, the Buchlyvie half marathon is on 18th November, not on the same day as the 10k. The half is a new race so I have no idea of the route. Thought about entering it, but I've decided to give the halfs a rest until MOK next year.

Pans Lass, I don't think you can enter the 10k yet. I checked the website a few weeks ago and there were no details about the 2008 race at that time. Although the route is mainly flat, it is over a trail and it can get difficult to overtake over runners because it is an out and back route. As I was heading out last year, the leaders were heading in so there was no room to pass runners. The trail is a disused railway line, so fairly narrow. Still think a PB is possible although. I didn't PB there last year as I got a stitch and had to stop and walk a couple of times, but I wasn't far off my PB on that route.
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:44 pm

Did not realise the half was earlier iceblue.....so hope you join us for the 10k fiona28. Thanks for letting me know about the route...it will prepare me. May not get a PB but its a good one for the New Year to keep me motivated.
I will train for a half marathon after that one . :shock:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:28 pm

im thinking...... :shock:

it could take a while, i may as well do the 10k, it will give me something to focus on but thats defo it, im back to the 1/2 training after that :D

mind you dublin is a 10k but by then my training will all have been geared toward the mok 1/2 might be able to squeeze some 10k training in although, it would sharpen me up again after my long lonesome runs of the 1/2 prep :wink:

wait a minute, ive thought again, i'm going to Dublin with a gang of 20 girls at beginning of february so id prob be better not to have more time away :cry:

sorry iceblue n pans i think you'll have to count me out of that one :cry:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:31 pm

ive just read what i wrote and thot id better clarify before wee pans has a heart attack and thinks im not going to dublin, i mean im not going to the one in stirling in january :?

yeah lucky me has 2 trips to dublin lined up next year - drinking weekend in februaty 8) and running weekend, nane, none,zilch, nil in dublin with the jogscotland motley crew. :D :wink: :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run