Jogscot girls just wanna have fun

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

jogscot girls just wanna have fun

Postby jackiefulton » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:14 pm

hoping to be back on saturdays next week

well done everyone for the Glasgow run - sorry I never made it - hear my son was there cheering his girlfriend on!

defo up for Dublin
think it will be the Dublin Women's Mini Marathon (10K)
excellent atmosphere - did it twice - though years ago when pb was under the hour
37,000 women - the centre of Dublin was just full of women, their jog scotland equivalent then was "meet n train" groups, they came in coaches from all over, arms were more sore than the legs from the constant waving to buses and groups of runners - just brilliant!

well that's me back with a post - next step to get back to the joggin - see you sat!
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:59 pm

Great Jackie.....name on list for Dublin.

Can feel the atmopshere already.....203 days to go. :lol: Need to get the Dublin fund opened.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:04 pm

hubby has offered to drive us up in the big yellow bus and then come back and collect us - 2 days later - so 203 days to here we go here we go here we go!!!
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:07 pm

Wow go Stanley..... ...sounds great. :lol: He might change his mind when we all board the bus. :lol: :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

jogscot girls just wanna have fun

Postby jackiefulton » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:04 pm

re saving for Dublin

credit union now doing savings cards for events - so anyone interested should drop in and see Paula
or call 553368
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby caro » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi all

Am afraid I won't manage toning or JS tonight after my comedy fall last week! :oops: Ankle still very sore and a multitude of colours!! Need to be fit for Oban (and Dublin) and Sid has told me not to be putting too much pressure on it this week - so it's swimming for me tonight instead!
Fiona 28 - won't manage the demo tom night at Masonic either - sorry!
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:27 pm

aw caro what a shame :(

u get u rest n look aft u self, did u know u can come back from recovery stronger cos u have given the body a decent rest. :D 8)

c u when u better :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:41 pm

Sorry to hear about your fall Caro...rest it well so you will be good for Oban. Wont be the same without u.
:) :)

Here we go here we go ....just to make you feel better. :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:39 pm

Aw Caro ......twisting the leg aswell as the arm now dearie me :wink: :wink: !! Hope you better soon. I had a wee run to myself tonight - just a wee one - as I find I really miss the company now if I run on my own!! I did the hill too Pans but I walked up and ran back - ran all the way back but not up to tackling the way up just yet! Had a wee blether to the moos on the way down the windy hill! Go Stanley - has he any idea what he has let himself in for - especially on the way back :lol: though maybe after partying with the irish we will snore all the way - eh pans lass :wink: :wink:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ags » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:08 pm

Just been reading Tom B's post on the Sandford 10k about his "friendly and sociable" running club - "a drinking club with a running problem" - who does that remind us of!????? Made me chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol: and on a serious note well done on all your extremely fast times and hope you will make it for school reunion next year TomB :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Tom B » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:17 pm

Ags - definitely had Jog Scotland Campbeltown in mind when I wrote that !! - many parallels, very similar.... - I'll try and persuade a few Strathaven Striders to travel for next year's MOKRUN too.

Re-union is in the diary for next year.....!
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:28 am

oh my god are there really more people out there like us :D we must meet them :D

we should all go to sandford next year as well as dublin and oban and ....... :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby caro » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:14 pm

Sounds good... anywhere abroad and sunny???
Been exercising gently so will be back fighting fit next week!

Pans Lass and Ags - know you'll need me on the next away day so we can continue all those serious political debates we were having!! Who mentioned firemen??......... :shock:
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:08 pm

fiona28 wrote:oh my god are there really more people out there like us :D we must meet them :D

we should all go to sandford next year as well as dublin and oban and ....... :D

caro wrote:Sounds good... anywhere abroad and sunny???
Been exercising gently so will be back fighting fit next week!

Pans Lass and Ags - know you'll need me on the next away day so we can continue all those serious political
debates we were having!! Who mentioned firemen??......... :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant girls.......here we go here we go yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha :D :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:09 pm

Ags wrote:Just been reading Tom B's post on the Sandford 10k about his "friendly and sociable" running club - "a drinking club with a running problem" - who does that remind us of!????? made me chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Me too Ags..... :lol: :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run