Oban races this year...

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Postby DJD » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:51 pm

Nice to hace a chat with you 4th gen in the gym,you looked as if you were doing a nice controlled session with a taper week in mind.Wish l could join you all for the taper week but,l still have to do my high mileage week to add to a more confident run in Dublin.

l will still give the race my best shot,but it will be a tester due to the new route.As like you all, looking forward to the race and its great to see such a good force from this area.

If l don't get a chance to speak to everyone on the day due to looking after the herd,have a good one and run through the bad patches,(stitches,slight niggles,big hills etc etc)"we all have them"and give it your best shot.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:36 pm

And it was nice talking to you too DJD! pounding along stride for stride!! chattin' away!

I think I was doing too many hard miles on there but it is hard to stop! definitely must put in speed sessions on the treadmill if training for the 10K next May.......a sure fire route to success!

Yep, this is tapering week but I never feel comfortable in it..........dont want to cut back the miles but at the same time, somehow, reluctant to go out at all :oops: ............as if the motivation is ebbing away.... :? it has been the same in the week before all the marathons and halfs........ 2 more weeks before you get to that stage DJD!

Did the usual 5.6 mile route round the hill here tonight at what I tried to make a gentle jog....had to fight hard a few times to hold back from too much effort.
Might do a gentle jog again tomorrow night but then that will be it.

Tonight, or tomorrow night I will attend to my toenails.....best to attend to the toenails a few days before the race, and JogScotland girls, I dont mean painting them red!! you can do that the night before!
:lol:
emery boards and clippers for me......my right side nails always far far harder to keep right than the left!

I am looking forward to Sunday too and seeing many Campbeltown faces there.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:30 am

The weather forecast for Sunday in Oban is good!! cloudy, calm and cool!! just what we want.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:50 am

4th gen Suthen' wrote:The weather forecast for Sunday in Oban is good!! cloudy, calm and cool!! just what we want.

Sounds good 8)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:39 pm

http://www.atlantisleisure.co.uk/raceseries.html

But here are some pics of the half marathon route............the toughest in Scotland they claim :(

And Hendrie wont be there either.......
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:07 pm

Feel well rested today so itching to go for tomorrow....I hope.

Been thinking about leaving a bit earlier girls than 8am tomorrow. I will leave Machrihanish at 7.30am pick Trudy up at 7.40am and meet the rest of you at 7.45am . Hope you all get a good nights sleep. :wink:

Good luck everyone ...have a safe trip there and back.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:14 pm

Heard it has 450m of assent 4th gen,but as they say what goes up,must come down.

Panslass you have a safe trip too.

See you all up there.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:39 pm

Looking at the map again I think the last section is NOT up past the Corran Halls but down hill into the Atlantis area.......that would be good, I always found that last 500+ yards hard hard going.

Suppose we better actually listen! to the race briefing this time :roll: and also, as DJD hints at, enjoy and make good use of the downhill stretches.......get well warmed up and a good fast first mile before the climb to Connell starts.....

May we run with wings on our heels and hope in our heart ! :D
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:09 pm

You will all do great - hoping for a good day for you and wish I was coming :cry:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:24 pm

I have some photos of the trip to Oban and just about enough energy left to post one or two!

Ooops, maybe not!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:42 pm

Here are Wee Moi, Caro, Katfer and Pans Lass after they finished the 10k

Wee Moi, Pans Lass and Caro enthusiaticaly cheer Iceblue over the line.

And Claire Reid with her prize for excellent finishing spot in the 10k

ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:36 pm

Great day we had in Oban ...as you can see from 4th gen's photos. Thanks 4th gen for being the official photographer too.

All I can say is the wee toon was well represented in Oban today between the 10k and half marathon with 9 of us running ......we all did ourselves , Jog scotland and the wee toon proud. :D

Official times to follow but I can safely say that Moi, Caro and myself achieved a new PB. :D The course was tougher than we had anticipated with quite a few inclines to say the least but our interval hill training with jogscotland really paid off. :shock: The atmosphere was nothing like MOK but between us locals we sure created one ourselves. The biggest disappointment was that no medals were given out for taking part but we did get a T-shirt and some extra ones at that ....... :lol:

Well done to Katfer and Clare 8)

Will be back next year .......... :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Oban Races

Postby Skerry » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:38 pm

Just been speaking to Iceblue and I hear there were some excellent times from the "wee toon" :D .

Katfer you should be well pleased 8) .

Well done to all who ran today.
Skerry
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:52 pm

A bit of energy has appeared at half time in the rugby!

Some more pics.
8 0f the 9 in the group photo, DJD has disappeared! but there he is with Iceblue

And Katfer up getting her prize........
Either Claire or Kate must be a veteran and the other a senior......would not be gentlemany to speculate Whootch is wheech!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:57 pm

Pans Lass wrote:we did get a T-shirt and some extra ones at that ....... :lol:

:

Oh aye....the T Shirts!! :roll: Image
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict