Oban races this year...

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:18 pm

Really well done to you all - excellent to see so many taking part.

Interesting to look at the results on

http://www.atlantisleisure.co.uk/events.html#half,

Nicola Meechan who won the Senior ladies in a superb time of 1.31.01 is partner of perhaps Southend's all time greatest runner and athlete Jim Milligan. 8) :lol:

Again, well done to all. I get tired just reading this! :oops: :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:48 am

Davie P,you are spot on about that Nicola Meechan,she is a strong runner and ran a cracking time for such a hard course.Well deserved 1st place.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:09 pm

I was following Nicola in the first couple of miles...I think she kinda speeded me up :roll: but she soon disappeared away up the hill and left us struggling in the heat.

BUT, we should not be complaining about the heat at the Oban half and 10k when we hear the news that the world famous, La Salles Bank, 45,000 runners Chicago Marathon, on the same day as Oban was abandoned half way through..........record high temperatures and 100% humidity.........

What a huge decision to have to make to pull the plug on an event like that..........one man died and many more were in severe danger so I suppose no decision really.

Many did finish though.
Here is a link to the Fox News version of the story,

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299956,00.html
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:26 pm

DJD wrote:Davie P,you are spot on about that Nicola Meechan,she is a strong runner and ran a cracking time for such a hard course.Well deserved 1st place.

Will see Nicola next month - mentioned to her before about the MOKRUN so perhaps time to encourage her and Jim down for a day out in May 08. 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Oban races this year...

Postby Katfer » Sun May 11, 2008 9:39 pm

Just been on the website for the Oban races and I notice the 10k is on the 31st August and the Half Marathon and 5k is on the 21st September...not October as I expected. Anyone interested?
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby iceblue » Mon May 12, 2008 5:02 pm

The Oban 10k is a week before the Great Scottish Run, so I think it would be good preparation for the half marathon for me. I said I would try the Oban half again this year, but I'm tempted to try the 5k instead as I've never done a 5k before, so a guaranteed PB :)
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:09 pm

sounds good iceblue, i like your reasoning, i think ill do that too, once ive got my speed back??? :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Mon May 12, 2008 8:26 pm

Would of liked to have done the 10k but l'm not around then.so l will have to settle for that hard 1/2 (for now) its not exactly one that you look forward too,is it 4th gen/iceblue.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Mon May 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Think I'll have a go at this one.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Mon May 12, 2008 9:27 pm

DJD wrote:Would of liked to have done the 10k but l'm not around then.so l will have to settle for that hard 1/2 (for now) its not exactly one that you look forward too,is it 4th gen/iceblue.

I am finding it hard to enthuse about it right enough DJD, even from this distance in time! in fact, I emailed them today to find out whether they are keeping to the "Connel" route or reverting to the original "in town and coastal" course...no word back yet..............2 weeks earlier does not suit me quite as well either, but, of course, the race is not ran for my benefit! likely will do it and also plan to enter the Paisley 10k at the end of August......as part of the Black and White Army forum team!

Feeling edgy and unsettled and agitated, dull, heavy and lethargic tonight after missing out on running......felt I have been overdoing it recently and wanted to rest up before the big speed session tomorrow night....I'll be down the stairs at 6.00, dont go without me!! :roll:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run