Sandford 10k - 16 September

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Sandford 10k - 16 September

Postby Tom B » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:43 pm

Any runners in the central belt looking for a 10k run mid-September - see details below (8 miles from East Kilbride/Hamilton). Happy to send you an entry form or you can enter on-line at Runners World...

SANDFORD 10k - 16 September 2007

Around 100 runners and walkers are expected to take part in the Sandford 10k road race and fun run taking place on 16 September 2007.

Organised to raise funds for Spinal Research, this is the first year that the event has been held.

The run will start and finish at the hall in Sandford, and will take in the roads to the west of the village.

Every year more than 800 people in the UK and Ireland are paralysed following an injury to their spinal cord. Spinal Research raises money to fund research into clinical treatments as well as vital basic science research.

Entry forms can be picked up at Strathaven swimming pool, or by calling 01357 - 523724. Entry is £12.
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby rabidcabbage » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:11 pm

:D :D :D Cheque and application in the post Tom. A worthy cause indeed. The Gilp boy is a coming home!!
rabidcabbage
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Tom B » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:00 pm

Just a reminder that on-line entries close tomorrow for this Sunday's Sandford 10k www.sandford10k.co.uk
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:15 pm

I hear the event went on this morning in pouring rain with 59 runners.....many more were entered but the torrential rain must have kept them at home.

The winner had a time of 35 38 with Campbeltown man Hendrie Barbour not far behind on 36 minutes.

Howzat for express result service Tommy?

Please fill in the details and gaps.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby hendrie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:35 pm

not quite that fast 4th gen, made it round in 37.28, which was I was pleased with on an "undulating " course with a few unplanned water features !
hendrie
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby DJD » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:19 am

That's a real good good time hendrie,no doubt if it was not cats and dogs yesterday,you would of probally hit 4th gen's time that he gave you.Well done from this corner,would'nt mind a pinch of your speed.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Tom B » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:29 pm

4th gen - the weather was the way both MOKRUN's have threatened to be the night before - so I was quite confident that the sun would appear at the last minute.........however, not this time! ! Despite the downpours, everybody seemed to enjoy themselves, and we made sure there were plenty of tea and cakes at the end to ease the pain.

H did run a blinder, and I think he'll be looking to take a crack at MOKRUN himself next year

There's a really friendly & sociable running club here - Strathaven Striders - the self styled "drinking club with a running problem" who were well represented yesterday - so I've even managed to start doing a bit of running again myself, but still got some work to do to catch up with the brothers.

Thanks for getting Ian in touch - he was a great help.

See you soon
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:37 pm

Well done Hendrie and Tom ...pity about the weather .

Great time Hendrie...you must have flew round. See you both at the MOK next year. 8)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run