Sponsors

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Sponsors

Postby Ags » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:18 am

Can I just say a huge thankyou to everyone who sponsored me in the two recent 10ks. Had hoped to raise £200 for cancer research but am now at just over £600 with a few close friends still to pay up!!! Thankyou to all forum members/readers who got in touch after my begging on here especially the lady who gave me the huge cheque in Tescos on Tuesday :D. Apart from one lady who ran the half and doesn't know me - everyone who called, pm'd or stopped me in the street after my begging was from the Southend direction. What does that tell us? :D :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:01 pm

They're scared of you? :lol: :lol:

Congratulations! Great cause.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:27 pm

You obviously know me bobbie :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:46 pm

Well done Ags ..your Aunt Cathy would be proud of you.

I would also like to thank my sponsors for helping me raise over £250 for Breast Cancer. A big thank you! :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby MOKRUN 2007 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:44 am

Well done Ags and Pans Lass, a great effort !!

- we'd be interested to know of other amounts raised and charities benefitting as a result of MOKRUN - this info. will help us in applications for funding for next year's race! Please post on here, or if you prefer send a PM

Thanks
MOKRUN 2007
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Sport » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:33 pm

MOKRUN 2007 wrote:Well done Ags and Pans Lass, a great effort !!

- we'd be interested to know of other amounts raised and charities benefitting as a result of MOKRUN - this info. will help us in applications for funding for next year's race! Please post on here, or if you prefer send a PM

Thanks

Excellent idea. If it counts SKSC raised £4,300.

Have spoke to a few others who raised money but don't post so will post when figures available.

Well done all!
Please visit the Sports Council's new website and check out our latest news! http://www.southkintyresportscouncil.com
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sport » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:13 pm

Got the following PM

John Shaw, Peter McEachran and Andy Barr jointly raised £750.00 for Scottish Motor Neuron Research.

Well done John, Peter and Andy 8)
Please visit the Sports Council's new website and check out our latest news! http://www.southkintyresportscouncil.com
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

Sponsors

Postby Stronvaar » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:36 pm

John (67 going on 16) had hip replacement surgery last year and horsed round the 10k course with Peter and Andy in tow faster than I could could cycle it :oops:

They deserve a medal for wearing those horrendous, fluorescent, day-glow, t-shirts supplied by the charity.

Stronvaar

p.s. We have someone who is willing to walk the 10k next year backwards, subject to suitable sponsorship, any offers :?:
The Second Hundred
Stronvaar
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run