Well Done Runners

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

MOK 2007

Postby Frosty » Mon May 28, 2007 3:22 pm

Excellent photo of a 4thGen. in action Davie P well done and I look forward to seeing all your usual high quality pictures.
I believe 4th Gen. did finish quite high up the ranking , even after colliding with the odd slurry pipe during pre-race training.
Well done everyone who organised , assisted and took part.
fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby emmypee » Mon May 28, 2007 5:36 pm

I would just like to thank everyone who helped to organise this brilliant day. This was my first 10k (and also my first race ever), I started running in January and although it took me 82 minutes to complete the race, I am chuffed to bits with what I have achieved. I would also like to thank all marshalls and peopel who were cheering us all on, it really helped to keep me going. Roll on next year ... :D
emmypee
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Malky » Mon May 28, 2007 7:13 pm

Davie P wrote:Over 500 photos but here is one of a forum favourite. Well done 4th gen! :wink: 8)

He just got out of that car didn't he :shock: :lol:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Mon May 28, 2007 7:23 pm

:lol: :lol: Malky... And probably running straight for the finish line! Sorry 4th, circumstantial evidence. You must run it all over again.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:41 pm

i just wanted to add my congratulations to all who organised and helped the weekend go as brilliantly as it did - still on a high 2nite after our toning class eh pans lass!!!

to all the jogscotlanders out there you were all fantastic, so enthusiastic - the bug has bitten - u r all desperate for more now, i think we should go en mass in september - hows that new minibus fund coming on - maybe we can hire it!!??

i think everyone i spoke to has taken a shaving off last years time and enjoyed the kind weather, it was just perfect, i had nobody to talk to on the half marathon route however and going 2 hours without a blether was hard but i survived so next year all you jogscotland 10k will need to do 1/2 marathon with me so i have someone to talk to.

well done to hector, donald, robert, charlie and sid you are all stars giving out your words of encouragement it fair boosts you when the going gets tough. cheers.

just a fantastic day all round and what a night at the ceilidh - wow - there's just no topping it.

well done to you to trudy - 4 hours 23 mins in the Edinburgh marathon yesterday, we were all thinking about you, hope your recovery isn't too long and painfull.

god my thighs are killing me today!!! but worth it.
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby amron » Mon May 28, 2007 9:09 pm

Fiona28 I need to thank you and Joan for the support on Wednesdays. I was going to walk but managed to walk/jog and was really happy with my time. I'm sure that If myself and the Moyster put as much effort into walking/jogging as we did talking we would have been even quicker.
We just had such a great day.
See you Wednesday.......
Well done Trudy :D
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon May 28, 2007 9:34 pm

Right Fiona28. Who really was taking the warm up?

You or John A? :lol: :lol: :lol: Personally I prefer John A's stance :wink:

Oh, I really do have some cracking photos! :lol: :lol: Don't know how many women said to me yesterday not to put thier photo on the net :shock: Then again..... :lol: :lol:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon May 28, 2007 9:55 pm

amron wrote:Fiona28 I need to thank you and Joan for the support on Wednesdays. I was going to walk but managed to walk/jog and was really happy with my time. I'm sure that If myself and the Moyster put as much effort into walking/jogging as we did talking we would have been even quicker.
We just had such a great day.
See you Wednesday.......
Well done Trudy :D

The pair of you were fair flying when I saw you... :lol:

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon May 28, 2007 10:09 pm

Fiona28 your our star.....on behalf of all your jog scotland fans we are so proud of you. :D The bug has definitely bitten . Good idea about getting a team organised for September...

Felt sorry for you fiona28 when you said you had no-one to talk to on the half marathon route ...dont worry I will be there with you next year but we will have one big problem ...will need to take it in turns who speaks first. :lol: :lol: Great laugh tonite at the toning class due to everyone still being on a high. You really make the class so much fun fiona28 which takes away the pain we feel when doing it.

Well done to Trudy on completing her first ever marathon. Great time too! Ur jogscotlanders are so proud of you.

Emmypee ....you've caught the bug..Well done on completing your first ever 10k ... you should be chuffed with yourself. :D

Malky....on John's defence the black car had his bodyguard in it. :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Tue May 29, 2007 12:55 am

Malky....on John's defence the black car had his bodyguard in it.

Aye, with him now being pally with Hugh Trowsers and now the Saw Doctors he might need a bodyguard!!!
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Shirl » Tue May 29, 2007 12:08 pm

I had a brilliant weekend from start to finish. At the ceilidh we all started making our plans for coming next year.

congratulations to everyone who completed the races - its one medal that stands out amongst all the others.

Shirl
xx
Shirl
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby MacDuff » Tue May 29, 2007 4:38 pm

I think everyone who contributed in some way deserves to be congratulated on making this year's event a resounding success. There aren't many events, including the big city mass participation runs, that are as well organised, from start to finish, as the MOK event. The organisers and committee seem to have got everything just right and deserve tremendous credit for this.

Although the key emphasis was on the 10K and the Half Marathon, the fact that pre and post race events were provided, along with the junior fun runs made it a great weekend all round. The people of Kintyre turned out in their droves to support the event and what stood out for me was the fact that the spectators hung around to give every single finisher, from first to last (you're all winners) the same level of support and encouragement.

Good to see so many locals embrace the whole occasion and great to see so many people travelling great distances and reporting nothing but positive things afterwards. Word will undoubtably spread and the event can only grow even further in stature and reputation across the length and breadth of the country. Kintyre is now definitely well established on the running map.

It was great to see so many locals taking up the challenge of the runs and most importantly having fun. Congratulations are also due to the runners that were doing the race for a second year and posting quicker times than they did last year - well done to you all. I was deeply envious about only being a spectator.

Congratulations also to all the Marshall's and helpers, without whom, events like this cannot function.

Finally, it's been inspiring to read all the posts on this forum (the encouragement and the enthusiasm, the tales of woe and injury and recovery, the training advice and support, the friendships and camaradorie have all been something special). Long may this continue - I'm sure everyone can carry the momentum onto their next event and beyond.

I really don't have any excuse for not being on the start line next year !!!
MacDuff
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby fiona28 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:09 pm

davie p - you are obviously unaware of the dance partnership B.J. and i have had in previous years ask him about "The Walk of Life" by Dire Straits, so i reckon next year you might all be in for a double act treat for the warm up :D

BJ if you are out there you are a star for keeping me calm :shock:

pans lass - you are a wee treasure - a jogleader in the making - you've defo got the stamina for it after dancin all nite at the ceilidh :D well done for getting in under the hour with your ankle strapped.
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby John A » Tue May 29, 2007 7:05 pm

fiona28 wrote:davie p - you are obviously unaware of the dance partnership B.J. and i have had in previous years ask him about "The Walk of Life" by Dire Straits, so i reckon next year you might all be in for a double act treat for the warm up :D

Only if we can get the third member of the team to join us :lol:

BJ if you are out there you are a star for keeping me calm :shock:

I knew that half bottle would come in handy :shock: Oops was I not supposed to mention that :oops:
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby TB » Tue May 29, 2007 8:29 pm

Aye John, have you still got that tutu!! There's no use denying it, I'm sure I've got the photos/video to prove it!! :twisted:
TB
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run