Help!!

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Help!!

Postby Joan Brown » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:50 pm

Just found out about the 10k and very keen to take part (took up running 2 years ago , now aged 74) and to revisit Kintyre where my husband and I spent many great holidays in the past. Thought we had better sort out accomodation first and phoned some of the b&b's listed but have been told that is unlikely to be anything left for that weekend because of the marathon Tried phoning the tourist info office but so far haven't caught them in altho' I will keep trying. We need somewhere fairly central as we had hoped to attend some of the events and my husband has some walking difficulties. I am now wondering if due to theapparant demand is it likely that the entry list for the 10k might be closed already which might explain why I have been unable to download the entry form. Would be grateful for info on the current situation- also, if entry is still possible, does anyone know someone who could put up a couple of quiet law-abiding senior citizens for the relevant nights (full Scottish breakfast not required!)
Thanks
Jo Brown
Joan Brown
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby iceblue » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:50 pm

Hello Jo. About a month ago there were around 200 places left for the 10k and half marathon. I haven't heard an update on numbers since then. However, living locally, I'm sure I would have found out if all these places had now been filled :wink: I'm sure you'll still be able to enter, and if so, good luck with your training :)

I'd give the tourist office another try tomorrow - I'm not sure of their opening hours at the weekend.
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby MOKRUN 2007 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:13 pm

Hi Joan,

There are still places left in the 10k. If you send (PM) your address we'll post out an application form to you.

The tourist info tomorrow will probably be the best bet for accommodation, if all the listed b&bs are full.

Cheers
MOKRUN 2007
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Help!!

Postby Joan Brown » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:59 am

Thanks for replies- can I ask for one more bit of assistance? I have tried phoning the tourist info place several times but still haven't managed to get them- can anyone tell me what their hours are as I really want to get the accomodation sorted out so I can get my entry form in.
Thanks again
Jo Brown
Joan Brown
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Help

Postby Joan Brown » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:36 pm

STOP PRESS!!! Accommodation sorted!!!!! Can now look forward to the event----off for a run now- it's blowing a gale outside but who cares!!!!
Jo Brown
Joan Brown
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run