After race party! Dance/Ceilidh night in the Vic! SOLD OUT

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

After race party! Dance/Ceilidh night in the Vic! SOLD OUT

Postby Sport » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:28 pm

South Kintyre Sports Council in conjunction with Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k have agreed to run a dance/ceilidh style after race party in the Victoria Hall on the evening of Sunday 27th May.

Starting at 8pm and will feature music from the ever popular local group Wee Toon Tellers and a special slot from World Champion and Scottish Band of the Year, Kintyre Schools Pipe Band (always something special!). The Sports Council have also approached another local group and will update as soon as possible.

The evening promises to be a great night but there are only 350 tickets.

Tickets are available for runners at £8 each. Up to 1 additional ticket can be bought by each runner at £10 each.

News on how to purchase tickets will appear on here shortly. A large proportion of tickets will be reserved for runners so start booking the Monday off now!

All proceeds on the evening will go towards the Sports Council money Bus Appeal with the Sports Council donating £1000 to the MOKRUN event to help cover their costs.

More soon...
Please visit the Sports Council's new website and check out our latest news! http://www.southkintyresportscouncil.com
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ecgirl07 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:24 pm

I am thrilled by the idea of attempting a Ceildh dance after running a half marathon - im not sure if it will cure or kill me but I am looking forward to finding out. I'd better add some Gay Gordons and and Eightsome Reel or two to my training regime :lol:

I will keep an eye for tickets sales and grab one asap

Cheryl
ecgirl07
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Sport » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:39 pm

I am sure you will manage Cheryl! 8)

News on tcikets will be announed in the next couple of days - those of you who have entered will get a chance to buy tickets.

Just need to get procedures in place to make sure tickets are released correctly. From what we believe demand for these will be very high and there will be 350 for sale.

Can promise you, you will enjoy it :-) Even with those weary legs! :-)
Please visit the Sports Council's new website and check out our latest news! http://www.southkintyresportscouncil.com
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

strip the willow

Postby fiona28 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:24 pm

easy peasy cheryl - you'll manage it fine. i managed a reel or two after my first half marathon last year in the argyll.

as long as you take in plenty fluid :shock: u r invincible and can die the next day!!

c u there - cant wait.
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Ceilidh

Postby Tarbert Mags » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:02 pm

Keep us posted re the tickets. I've got 18 of us coming down from Jog Scotland in Chryston (near Cumbernauld) having told them about the wonderful pre race pasta party and post race ceilidh which they'd be getting as well as their run. I think we've booked out most of the B&Bs in the toon!!

Looking forward to the race weekend.

Mags
Tarbert Mags
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Ceilidh

Postby Sport » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:20 pm

Tarbert Mags wrote:Keep us posted re the tickets. I've got 18 of us coming down from Jog Scotland in Chryston (near Cumbernauld) having told them about the wonderful pre race pasta party and post race ceilidh which they'd be getting as well as their run. I think we've booked out most of the B&Bs in the toon!!

Looking forward to the race weekend.

Mags

We have identified that there is high demand for tickets for the evening event and in the first instance tickets are only available to those competing in the race. Each runner can purchase 1 ticket each at £8 and 1 additional ticket for a non runner at £10.

Those already registered and wishing to purchase tickets should contact Tom Barbour at tombarbour@hotmail.com who will confirm that you are a registered runner and advise on how payment for tcickets should be made.

Those registering for the run and wishing tickets for this event should submit an additional cheque with your entry form for 1 or 2 tickets (£8 or £18 ) and made payable to South Kintyre Sports Council.

We may decide to arrange for runners to collect tickets on the day - as the Sports Council are heavily involved in other projects at the moment.

Any questions, please ask - that may be as clear as mud!

Tarbert Mags - excellent numbers! The evening event will top it all off I am sure! :-)
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby mrn » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:26 pm

Not competing but wondering if there will there be any public sale?
mrn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sport » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:29 pm

mrn wrote:Not competing but wondering if there will there be any public sale?

For the time being, no, sorry to say. There will only be 350 tickets for sale and with 500 runners competing we expect huge demand so we have to give runners the first chance.

Two options, either start training and enter or find a lonely runner! :wink:
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sport » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:23 pm

Sport wrote:
mrn wrote:Not competing but wondering if there will there be any public sale?

For the time being, no, sorry to say. There will only be 350 tickets for sale and with 500 runners competing we expect huge demand so we have to give runners the first chance.

Two options, either start training and enter or find a lonely runner! :wink:

Meant to add, if you are competing and wish tickets please order now! 8)
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:24 pm

Where do we order, Sport. :?
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:28 pm

Those already registered and wishing to purchase tickets should contact Tom Barbour at tombarbour@hotmail.com who will confirm that you are a registered runner and advise on how payment for tcickets should be made.
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sport » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:31 pm

Just a reminder that these are selling fast so please get ones while you can :-)
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

Celidh tickets

Postby sarahmcfadz » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:26 pm

Just wondering when the tickets are being sent out or do we collect them from somewhere? its just I handed my cheque in to the Clydesdale bank quite a wee while ago & I'm away off shore again soon so wanted to make sure my tickets were organised befor i went away? cheers
sarahmcfadz
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Joan Brown » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:38 pm

Same question as Sarah - I sent my cheque along with my entry form some time ago as instructed and although my entry was acknowledged I've heard nothing about the tickets and the cheque has not been paid in.
Joan Brown
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Celidh tickets

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:41 am

sarahmcfadz wrote:Just wondering when the tickets are being sent out or do we collect them from somewhere? its just I handed my cheque in to the Clydesdale bank quite a wee while ago & I'm away off shore again soon so wanted to make sure my tickets were organised befor i went away? cheers

Hi Sarah, Joan,

There is a Sports Council meeting this Monday when we will arrange for the distribution of tickets - the ones locally myself and Helen will distribute. The ones further a field can be collected the weekend of the race - further information on this will be sent asap.

A seperate bank account has just been set-up for this and cheques will be cashed this week.

I'll make sure you have tickets 8)

Regards

David
Last edited by Ship called Dignity on Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run