Thought I'd say Hello

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Thought I'd say Hello

Postby ecgirl07 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:22 pm

Hi everyone

Ive signed up for the half marathon and will be coming on my own to Campbeltown friends and family cant make the weekend :( so I thougth I'd say hello and make some acquaintances before pitching up solo.

My name is Cheryl I live in Glasgow - I ran the Great Scottish Run last summer but found that my whole summer was taken up by the training. I looked for half marathon earlier in the year and was very impressed by everything i read about the Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon so have joined up.

Got a room booked and just got to book flights then all that leaves is the training.....

So hello to all the entrants in this years race - hope the training goes well and hope to hear how its going

all the best Cheryl
ecgirl07
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby iceblue » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:27 pm

Hi Cheryl

I've entered the half marathon too. Only four months to go now .... must start to step up the training!

This is the right place to visit if you want to keep up to date with the latest news about the race.

Good luck with your training :)
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Annie » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:48 am

Go early, run wae 4th Gen - he'll run ye up and doon the hills o' his ferm! Then ye'll be in the top ten!!

He's a wee wirey fella, and he's fast too! Watch oot fer him!!!

BTW:
Where are you staying??
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ecgirl07 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:37 pm

im staying at the Old Rectory B&B I have been told it is central and well within crawling distance of a)the end of the race and b) local pubs and c) the dance which is all good news.

Ive seriously started training and am feeling good about the whole endeavor - i am really looking forward to coming to Campbeltown seeing that bit of Scotland and completing the half marathon.

PS is there somewhere i can hire a bike from for the weekend?
ecgirl07
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:42 pm

ecgirl07 wrote:PS is there somewhere i can hire a bike from for the weekend?

The bike shop does hires. It is in Longrow, in the town centre.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:03 am

If you're staying at the Rectory, there will be no bike riding for you! After being race ragged, fed and well and truly "watered," ye might jees naw remember where yer wee bike was left!

The Old Rectory is very nice. My cousin stayed there this past summer when she was visiting the Wee Toon from Australia!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby at_the_tail_end » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi Cheryl.
This will be my first half marathon :oops: and we are staying at the Old Rectory :D too. I'm sure you'll like it; we stayed there before. The family are coming and we are making a weekend of it. Anyway, that explains why George was able to tell me there's a run on that weekend!
We live in Lennoxtown but I work in Glasgow. If you are looking for a challenging practice run in your training, I would recommend the Ritchie Wonnacott run at Garelochhead; I think it's 29th April but I've mislaid my form... anyway, it's 5 or 9 miles, quite up and down...speaking of which, can anyone give me an idea about the half marathon course as far as hills go ( I just want to know - forewarned is forearmed - I only mind hills a lot if they surprise me!) :?:
All the best,
Christine
at_the_tail_end
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby MOKRUN 2007 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:54 pm

at_the_tail_end wrote:...speaking of which, can anyone give me an idea about the half marathon course as far as hills go ( I just want to know - forewarned is forearmed - I only mind hills a lot if they surprise me!) :?:

Hi Christine,

The route is mainly flat, a slow incline at the end of mile 1, and again at mile 3 - other than flat. Bit of tougher running (400 yds) to get on to the beach, but otherwise a smooth flat course. Final mile is a slow downhill in to the finish line.

Good luck with the training!
MOKRUN 2007
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run