New website for MOKRUN2007 launched

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

New website for MOKRUN2007 launched

Postby MOKRUN 2007 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:20 am

With a little over 5 months to go till race day, MOKRUN is pleased to announce the launch of the 2007 website.

Visit http://www.mokrun.com to find out all you need to know about the races on Sunday 27 May 2007.

The new website contains information on training, routes, sponsors, travel & accommodation, other events over the race weekend, how to enter as well as some previously unseen photos from 2006!

Many thanks to David for an excellent job in putting together the website.
MOKRUN 2007
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Susie » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:35 pm

Excellent website - just found the site and this forum via runnersworld.

The feedback you have is quite amazing and I'll be in Campbeltown in May!

Really looking forward to it!
Susie
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Rabmacd » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:11 pm

Good on you, Susie. Great part of the world.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:56 am

Welcome to the forum, Susie! It is amazing what they did, starting from an off-the-cuff comment, hoping they could possibly get 30 runners, and it turning out into the wonderful success it was.

Feel free to throw your 2 cents (pence?) in on any of the threads.. you will see mine scattered all over the floors :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Susie » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

Never been to Campbeltown before but looks like a nice part of the world.

Is it as quick for to use the ferries and go via Arran or drive all the way round?

I mentioned to my parents last night about the race in Campbeltown and they both said they used to go there most summers - said people are very nice.
Susie
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Tom B » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:23 pm

Susie,

If you're coming from Kilmarnock by road it'll take you a further 2 1/2 hours from the Erskine Bridge via Inveraray.
Coming via Arran is a nice way to do it but I think'll it be a bit pricey, to take the car over and back on the 2 ferries. One option would be to come via Arran and go home 'the long way round' via Inveraray - Calmac do a special Island hopscotch ticket which would get you Ardrossan to Brodick, drive across Arran, then Lochranza to Clonaig (£47 one-way for the car plus £8.85 per driver/passenger).

go to http://www.calmac.co.uk/summer-2007-timetables.html for full details including ferry times

Hope this helps
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Tarbert Mags » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:47 pm

Hi folks

Just been on the new website and it's really great - very user friendly and I even got into one of the pictures on the home page! - congrats to whoever pulled it all together. It does a great job of promoting the event.

Hoping to round up a few more Jog Scotland entrants for you in January and see you in May.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. Enjoy the break before you get busy with all of your organising again in the New Year!

Mags
Tarbert Mags
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:27 pm

I spotted you Mags!

What about the Troon Express? maybe it could do a special run for the race, how many does it take ti fill it?....Susie and friends could shoot across in no time at all. 8)
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:06 am

Tarbert Mags wrote:.....and I even got into one of the pictures on the home page! .... .....

Is that you in the 10k run?

I've more photos to post when I format them correctly :shock:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby sarahmcfadz » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:28 pm

Just been checking out the website for some inspiration as I'm just off out for my first run of the year. Prob wont beable to run the length of myself! Lookingforward to this years run. I take it it is the same routes?
sarahmcfadz
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: ..

Postby Tom B » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:18 pm

sarahmcfadz wrote: I take it it is the same routes?

Sarah,

The half marathon is exactly the same route, the 10k (after coming up the cutting as before) will go straight on along meadows avenue, turn right up towards the cottage hospital, then back in down the big kiln. The reason for this is to make the turn down kilkerran road closer to the cemetry, and less far down into the very windy narrow bit towards grant logan's. This should be a bit safer if there's cars about.

Happy training!
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Mull of Kintyre half marathon makes UK top 100 race list

Postby Tarbert Mags » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:52 pm

Thought you'd like to know that the MOKRUN half marathon is a new entry at number 87 in the Runner's World top 100 races of the year in their February 2007 magazine.

The magazine states that "our top 100 is a subjective list - we've scored races based on our impression of criteria such as the quality of its organisation; the appeal of the course for personal best potential or challenge; if it offers any unique or special flavour; its value for money and the quality of competition - but we've also given a weighting to how the race is regarded by you, the runner".

The half also gets a mention under "Best Hidden Gems" where it states "These races received fewer than 15 votes on www.runnersworld.co.uk but that didn't stop them scoring a perfect 100 per cent from runners who would do the race again"

Looks like the event is a UK hit - I think you might get a few more entries with publicity like that - well done!

(PS - would have put lots of smiley faces but still cant work out how to insert those emoticons!!! Help needed!)
Tarbert Mags
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re Top 100 race list

Postby Tarbert Mags » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:01 pm

Have put the same comment as above on as a separate topic - thought it was worth highlighting!
Tarbert Mags
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby johnbarbour » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:19 pm

Tarbert Mags

We had spotted the entry in Runner's World and are delighted by it, thanks for further publicising it!

Had we had 15 votes in the "Runner's Choice" section rather than just 13 I'm certain we would have appeared in the top 50 of UK races voted on by runners.
We would certainly encourage entrants to give us a rating on Runner's World after the 2007 event.

Look out for an update on all of this soon on the "latest news" section of the webpage.

Cheers and good luck with the training!
[/quote]
johnbarbour
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run