MOK RUN 2015 SOLD OUT

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

MOK RUN 2015 SOLD OUT

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:43 pm

The entries for the Mull of kintyre Half Marathon and 10k opened at 12 noon today 2/1/15 and was sold out by 6.18 pm .

1000 places filled - :-)

Places still available for MOK Junior race so if you have not signed up please do now.

http://www.entrycentral.com
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: MOK RUN 2015 SOLD OUT

Postby Wolfie59 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:34 pm

Hello
I'm not sure if this is the best thread to use for my question.
We are arriving in Campbeltown on Thursday 21st May off the flight from Glasgow which gets in just after 5pm. We don't know the area, but are looking forward to exploring. We are staying in self catering - can anyone tell me if any Campbeltown grocery shops will still be open early evening? Also can anyone tell me what time Campbeltown pubs/restaurants stop taking food orders in the evening? And any recommendations?
We're going to be doing the MOK 10k and Half-Marathon - can't wait.
Wolfie59
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby jamier » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:43 am

Hello Wolfie campbeltown has a Tesco and Co op supermarket's which are both open till ten most restaurants in town serve meals till 8-9 o clock . I recommend the Royal hotel and ardshiel for a meal just ask your accommodation for directions .I believe the pasta party is being held in the Royal hotel on Friday night .Best way to get into town from airport is a taxi as there is no bus service airport is approx 2-3 miles from town which is also part of the half marathon route . Taxi company Tel No 01586 554001 you will need to book the taxi as there is no taxi rank at airport. Hope you enjoy your visit !
jamier
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Wolfie59 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:37 am

Jamier, thanks so much for this useful information and the recommendations. :D
Looking forward to being in the area.
Cheers, Wolfie59
Wolfie59
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Wolfie59 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:59 pm

I'm amazed that there are no comments on here yet about the run yet.
What a fantastic time we had - I did the 10k, and my husband and 3 friends did the half. We all came up from Buckinghamshire for the weekend, and it was so well worth the trip. I've never seen so many marshalls, or supporters outside their houses, spurring us all on. It really was uplifting. The 10k was a lovely course, windy, but lovely. I gather the half was tough, with strong headwinds (maybe that's nothing for you locals!!). In the 10k I was struggling up the incline near the cemetery, and a lovely lady from Glasgow (who was staying in a caravan at Machrihanish, if she happens to read this) talked me through it and I managed it without stopping. Pipers at every corner. It was just fab. It was such a well organised run, and with welcoming refreshments at the end, to help get the equilibrium back in gear. Thanks everyone.
Oh and we went to the Ceilidh in the evening, which was packed, and was great fun.
Had dinner at Whisky Macs and Craigard Hotel - can thoroughly recommend them both.
You sure know how to run and party!!
Wolfie59
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Pans Lass » Tue May 26, 2015 9:21 pm

hello Wolfie

On behalf of the Mokrun committee thank you for your kind comments ...they are very much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed the race depsite the wind. We have a great team of organises , marshals and supporters that make this a great event.

We have sent runners a link to rate mokrun on Runners World and would appreciate if you could take a few minutes to do that for us .

Sadly this forum used to be the place to be but unfortunately Facebook & Twitter seem to have taken its place however people still read posts so your message will get read by many .

We have a face book page where you can read other race comments and see photos .

Hope to see you in 2016 .
Thanks
Mokrun
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run