Almost there!

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: Almost there!

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu May 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Well, almost there again! Hows everyone feeling about Sunday?

Rather excited - bring it on. First half. :mrgreen:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby madscotsbloke » Fri May 27, 2011 10:05 am

Ship called Dignity wrote:Well, almost there again! Hows everyone feeling about Sunday?

Rather excited - bring it on. First half. :mrgreen:

what about the second half? its just as long :lol:
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby madscotsbloke » Fri May 27, 2011 10:14 am

On a more serious note, best of luck to all who are readying themselves for the 10k or Half Marathon.

It is very exciting in the last couple of days, trying to convince yourself that you have done enough training (or in my case kid myself) :oops:

Shaping up to be the best one yet, although I think we can comfortably say that almost every year - just keeps getting bigger and better!!!!! :D

Gutted when my number and race pack dropped through the door only to get "filed" :(

Will pop the race number in the scrapbook along with the others anyhoo (I'll say I ran it in spirit).

Will still be down on the day and will be capturing some of the days action for posterity, personal use, blackmail etc :lol:
so keep smiling no matter what! you never know who is going to add to your misery by taking your photo!!

As a sign of my compassion I will give you plenty of warning - I AM GOING TO BE AROUND THE BEACH SECTION

maybe........................................

See you all on Sunday

MSB
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby jmr3 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:20 am

After a short run yesterday into the wind......not quite sure what to think. But as Rab said the other day - head down and just keep going (or al least that's what I think he said)!!

Whatever happens on the day, have really enjoyed all the training.

Have a great run everyone.
jmr3
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby panagah » Fri May 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Well, I will be begining my 8 hour journey from Cheshire any moment in our campervan.

Really looking forward to this one if I am not a little tired from the Chester Half marathon 2 weeks ago. Looks like the weather will be interesting if nothing else. :<>

So see you all on the start, and good luck to everyone, I will be the short bald old fat bloke wearing the Sandbach Striders top shouting at myself that giving up is not an option. :lol:
panagah
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby fiona28 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Will look out for you panagah, looks to be a topper, I hope you have done some wind training :oops:

All the best to everyone, lets just hope the wind drops to allow those hard trained for pb's. :D

Bring it on, all fired up and ready to go ..........yeeeehaaaa :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Fri May 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Good luck everyone on Sunday....have a great day.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Fri May 27, 2011 11:44 pm

Good luck to everyone especially those doing their first 10k or half marathon ....good luck Ship you can do it .... :)

Disappointed due to an on going knee injury I have had to pull out of the half but will struggle round the 10k route as cant miss being taken off the 'ever present list ' :oops: At least I can say that I ran /walked a 10k with the famous round the world adventurer Rosie Swale Pope :) :D

Good luck everyone .... I hope the wind is kind to all our visitors ....our wee toon runners are used to it so nae excuses . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat May 28, 2011 6:22 am

yes, it is very exciting! even for us not actually running the race!

Rosie Swale Pope will be on Argyll FM from 1.00pm today, Saturday, being interviewed by 2 local eejits!
Race director Elaine McGeachy will be there too.

And, from 12.00 there will be much running/race chat and motivational and running music....106.5, 107.1 and 107.7.

And, dont forget to enter the competition to win 1 of 2 £25 vouchers for Wee Toon Sports. Just phone in to Argyll FM on 01586 551800 and leave your predicted winning time for either/ot both the 10k and half marathon.....free to enter....
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the ice maiden » Sat May 28, 2011 9:20 am

Good luck to everyone taking part! There's only one person who I'm going to miss this year-Joan! I love cheering her on every year as she passes, she's fantastic. Anyway as I said good luck and hope every one's legs and knee's hold out for the ceilidh!! :D :D
the ice maiden
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby tilly » Sat May 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Yep good luck everyone participating in tommorrows run. Have fun and enjoy the experience again for 1st timers or oldies, whether walking, jogging or running its the taking part that matters.

Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Swanseajock » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:28 am

The wind certainly made a difference. My brother (fat boy) and me - fat boy 2 - have decided that the wind affects the skinny runner types more than us. We plodded on and they were blown back.We ran through the breeze, the skinny folks were blown back Gosh - every little helps looking forward to calm next year.
The Cutting and Meadows were a nightmare :? But the finish was the end :mrgreen:
Swanseajock
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:47 pm

WELL DONE U 2 FATBOYS LOL and well done to all even tho the wind was in full force many pb's still achieved at the weekend. :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run