Upgrade to phpBB3

Posting rules and Acceptable Use Policy. Please read before posting on this messageboard. Admin contact details are also here.

Re: Upgrade to phpBB3

Postby Carmen » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:30 am

Well done Malky. Like the new look.
Carmen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby sahara » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:30 am

Hey, like the new look, just a case of gettin used to it again eh :lol: , well done malky :D
sahara
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Photo » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:32 am

Well done to the new look Admin.

I like the Forum photo, nice one Archie. Hope to be getting some shots from the Paps when we go climbing this coming Whitsun hoilday :) .
Photo
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 pm

Yes, I'm still getting used to the new look BUT a wee problem for me is how some folk have changed their photos. 4th Gen Suthen' was the most handsome thing to have a wee keek at every time I posted and look what's happened to him!!!! :roll: You've upgraded the forum and he's put a few years on - can he take a few tablets and get back to his sleek self please? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby linda_j » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:49 pm

looking better :D
linda_j
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Dunc R » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:50 pm

Malky,

Great job many thanks.
Dunc R
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Malky » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Thanks guys. :)

The theme for the site is courtesy of Echo who has some cool themes for phpBB3 8) This is one of his free ones which I've modified slightly to suit.

Ranks are now enabled by the way.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bruce » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:52 pm

Malky, the new version of the forum looks great... a lot better than the old one and I'm sure you'll find its a lot easier to work with from an admin point of view as well! Just one small point... is the save option really necessary when posting?
Bruce
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Malky » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:28 pm

Bruce wrote:just one small point... is the save option really necessary when posting?

Probably not but it's part of phpBB3 now.

If you leave your computer for a length of time your forum session times out. Now, you can save your post as a draft if say, you needed a pee and had to run. Then when in the little boys room you realised you maybe needed more than a pee. Then on the way back, you decided to put the kettle on but discovered no clean cups so had to do the dishes. Then just as you get back to the computer the phone rings and it's your long lost cousin from Australia who's on for ages.

Finally, you get back to the computer and you can find the draft of your post saved safely in the User Control Panel. Click load draft and you're ready to finish your post now.

Could happen.... :wink:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bruce » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:47 am

ok the save option is part of phpBB3, but any chance it could be moved? Just now it seems to take priority... on the SftR forum its 3rd in line after preview and submit, tho to be honest I am constantly hitting the first when I really want to hit the second so I might change it round! As for the rest of what you said Malky:

If I leave the computer for any length of time (even just a couple of seconds) someone else (usually Linda) will be using it by the time I get back. So saving the post as a draft is a good idea so maybe keep the option, but move it (as mentioned above) because I have hit it a couple of times and decided (after the event) that that wasn't what I wanted to do and hitting the back button is not the best way to get back to the post itself! Anyway, if my reason for leaving the computer is for any reason (other than putting the kettle on) chances are, on my way back, I will be asked (by Linda) to put the kettle on. However, the reason probably will be to put the kettle on as Linda will have asked me (nicely) to do that as... she'll want on the computer! After asking me to put the kettle on Linda will then probably say something like "while you're waiting for the kettle to boil you may as well do the dishes!" And then of course the phone will ring and that will be my chance to get back on the computer as... it'll be for Linda anyway!

Could happen? Does happen... too often!
Bruce
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:15 pm

... and while your comng back from the kitchen to the livingroom, you might as well vacuum, since you're walking anyway :)) Smart girl, that Linda!
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Bruce, the submit button was on the right with the phpBB2 theme we used before, so I think I'll just leave alone.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EMDEE » Sat May 03, 2008 1:22 pm

What's the wee green dot at the extreme top left corner of the posts. It only appears on certain members' posts.
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mod7 » Sat May 03, 2008 1:47 pm

EMDEE wrote:What's the wee green dot at the extreme top left corner of the posts. It only appears on certain members' posts.
It means that user is online now. see the link below for other icons and the meanings.
http://www.kintyreforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5847
Mod7
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Looking good from this side

Postby chris t » Tue May 13, 2008 9:33 am

The new look looks great from here down under - and thanks to Malky and Davie for your committment to keeping the talk flowing over the last few years.

Without you I would never have found my Campbeltown family although now I can't seem to get rid of them!

Will be back in the town for the MOK Fest 08 - and looking forward to it.

Also really love that photo!

C
chris t
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Previous

Return to Forum Rules and Contact Details