It was 25 years ago.......... Surely not!!!

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

It was 25 years ago.......... Surely not!!!

Postby John A » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:39 pm

John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: It was 25 years ago.......... Surely not!!!

Postby norrie7770 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Aye your right John - a monumental occasion that sent shock waves through the football world (within Kintyre anyway)!

As I recall, I was on side lines that day at Kintyre park as I was merely a Glenside youngster (being a bit younger than the others).

All the best from Down under
norrie7770
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby DOUBLE A » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:37 pm

norrie7770 wrote:Aye your right John - a monumental occasion that sent shock waves through the football world (within Kintyre anyway)!

As I recall, I was on side lines that day at Kintyre park as I was merely a Glenside youngster (being a bit younger than the others).

All the best from Down under

At last a post from you on the forum !!!!!!! although you will need to change your profile location !!!!!!!!

Their were some other "youngsters" on the bench as well as on the park For South Kintyre that day, a famous victory for the country boys
" on the road tae Drumlemman "
DOUBLE A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby chuckncherry » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:13 pm

Just saw this picture - nobody has aged from what I can gather, well maybe my big bro. :lol:
chuckncherry
chuckncherry
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Roading Boy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Can anyone put names to the team? I recognise most of the boys but a few I can't put names too - probably ringers :lol: :lol:
Roading Boy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby John A » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Back row: Wallace McGowan, Calum McMillan, Alistair McMillan, Martin McKellar, Mathew Lowther, Grant Barr, Stewart MacPhail, Magnum PI
Front: John McMurchy, James McPhee, Robbie McGowan, Andy Thompson, Stephen Cahill, Alan Millar, Andrew Armour

8 Drumlemble boys, Calum from Southend, Alistair from Carradale 3 Toon boys and big Grant who holidayed on Kilmanshenachan shore all summer so he was counted as a country boy :P

Still remember going through Drumlemble and Machrihanish with Andrew Jock Murchy, Alan, Stewart and Stephen tooting the horn with them each taking a turn standing up in my car with the cup out the sun roof, nearest we got to an open topped bus 8)

Happy happy days :D
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Local History and Discussion