Does anyone know about this book store and the people named?

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Does anyone know about this book store and the people named?

Postby cgms310 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:48 pm

I recently purchased a copy of "Kintyre in the 17th Century" by Andrew McKerral.

Believe it or not, I found this copy in Arizona! The copy was originally from a bookstore called ARDMORE in Campbeltown and inside, the store mark has been sealed into the top right hand side of the first page. It has its original blue dust cover and is in remarkable condition. Inside the front cover there is the following hand written inscription:

To Nic and Eleanor.

From Jean Allan

Campbeltown.
21/5/50

I am wondering if the store is remembered by anyone on the Forum and if you might know who these people are?

Regards,

Charles.
cgms310
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Does anyone know about this book store and the people named?

Postby maganru » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi

I remember sisters, I think, Jean and Eleanor Allan, who were older than I at school and who may well have been born around 1950. Not sure where they are now but I'm sure some others on the forum will have more information.
mos
maganru
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Does anyone know about this book store and the people named?

Postby History » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:50 am

maganrue I would imagine that Jean Allan would have been born a bit before 1950 to be giving books as presents but maybe the folk you mention are related.
History
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Local History and Discussion