Down Memory Lane - The Sceptres from the 60s

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Down Memory Lane - The Sceptres from the 60s

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Cracking photo passed on by Robert Gillies showing a photo of local band The Sceptres - sometime in the 60s.

Click to enlarge

If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:37 pm

great pic, i have one of them that davie's mother gave me years ago, i'll need to dig it out and post it on the site, davie and kenny look so young, DJKJ before he twisted his melon, nice to see a pic of flo, there's some featuring her with her beehive again via davie's mother annie who was my next door neighbour for many years.

if i've heard kenny's story about the trip to london once i've heard it more than once, now he's content to spend his saturday mornings trying to remember the names of every hamlet in kintyre, after seven years you'd think he'd have them memorised or written them down.
general jack o'niell

Postby bill » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:40 pm

Just called Catherine to have a look,great picture.Brings back plenty of memories for us both.

Robert Gillies the guy who handed it in,is that "Gillette" as I knew him way back then ? ?
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gillette » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:50 pm

You got it in one Bill :lol:
gillette
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:13 am

its ah comin oot noo, showed it to my mother, fresh off the plane from OZ, she is going to dig out the pics annie (DB's mother) gave me, that pic getting posted means that DJKJ will be playing that bloody sceptres song to death for the next six months. you have been warned jeck!!!
general jack o'niell

Return to Local History and Discussion