Carradale Primary School Pupils 1952/53?

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Carradale Primary School Pupils 1952/53?

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:53 pm

I was recently sent this photograph of a class of children at Carradale Primary School in the early 1950s.

It's already on The Carradale Goat website but I thought I'd copy it here as well in case anyone wants to discuss the people in it.

From what I've been told the people in it are as follows:

Back Row: Alec McKinnon, Sheena Buchanan, Una McDougal, Isabel Paterson, Sheila Galbraith, Jill Ritchie, Ronnie Brownie
2nd Row: Roy McMurchy, Effie Buchanan, Eleanor Campbell, Linda Hoey, Vera Campbell, Lorna Jackson, Jen Fisher, Mat McMillan
3rd Row: Alan Oman, Rosemary Galbraith, Margaret Buchanan, Margaret McColl, May Campbell, Shenac Durham, Emily McBride, James Forsyth
Front Row: David Paterson, Alasdair McMillan, John McFadyen, Laurence McBride, Ian Morrison, Alatair McMillan
The headmaster was Donald Jackson.

Cheers
Gary
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Carradale Primary School Pupils 1952/53?

Postby jdcarra » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:01 am

Beachcomber wrote:I was recently sent this photograph of a class of children at Carradale Primary School in the early 1950s.

It's already on The Carradale Goat website but I thought I'd copy it here as well in case anyone wants to discuss the people in it.

From what I've been told the people in it are as follows:

Back Row: Alec McKinnon, Sheena Buchanan, Una McDougal, Isabel Paterson, Sheila Galbraith, Jill Ritchie, Ronnie Brownie
2nd Row: Roy McMurchy, Effie Buchanan, Eleanor Campbell, Linda Hoey, Vera Campbell, Lorna Jackson, Jen Fisher, Mat McMillan
3rd Row: Alan Oman, Rosemary Galbraith, Margaret Buchanan, Margaret McColl, May Campbell, Shenac Durham, Emily McBride, James Forsyth
Front Row: David Paterson, Alasdair McMillan, John McFadyen, Laurence McBride, Ian Morrison, Alatair McMillan
The headmaster was Donald Jackson.

Cheers
Gary

Gary

Front row 2nd is Alistair McMillan (spelling mistake :roll: ) and after Ian Morrison is Duncan McKinnon.

Check Goat website also.

JD
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:23 pm

Thanks JD. John McF said the same thing yesterday. Just haven't got round to sorting it yet.
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local History and Discussion