Southend Minister 1799-1815

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Southend Minister 1799-1815

Postby flora » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:12 pm

Hi everyone, I am researching my family tree and i am looking for help.
The person i would like to find out about is the Rev John McKeich, he was the minister of Southend Parish from 1799 until his death in 1815, he is buried along with 2 of his children in KEIL graveyard. John was married to a Mary Ann Marquis, her father was Donald Marquis tacksman of Cara Island and Sanda Island, Ships master and owner
I would like to find out if John and Mary Ann had any other children. After Johns death Mary Ann took over the tenancy of a large sheep farm called "Lochorodale". Anybody any idea where this is ?.Mary Ann eventually married a Murdo Morrison from Stornoway.
I was in Southend a couple of months ago on a camping holiday, i loved it going back next year cant wait. I hope some one can help me, here,s hoping.
Best Regards
Flora
Last edited by flora on Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
flora
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Mary G » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:44 pm

Flora

Lochorodale is on a small unclassified road south of Campbeltown. This reference should take you straight to it.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=166500&Y=615500&A=Y&Z=3

Cannot help you with the genealogical stuff, however, I know someone who can maybe give you some pointers. I will see if they can make contact with you through this site.

Regards
Mary
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Mary G Thanks

Postby flora » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:52 am

HI Mary, Thanks for replying so quickly, i will look up on the link you gave me . thanks again.
Flora
flora
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Local History and Discussion