Babettes

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Babettes

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:34 pm

Been a while since I posted some photos on here to get the stories going. Crossing High Street tonight and took this snap of the site of the old Babettes Dance Hall.

Don't know much about the history of it but many a good night was had in the hall at weddings, dances, birthday parties not to forget the School of Dance (Ninja Mania will tell us more about that side :wink: ) and the Darts.

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Babettes

Postby Sweltered » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:31 am

the p wrote:Been a while since I posted some photos on here to get the stories going. Crossing High Street tonight and took this snap of the site of the old Babettes Dance Hall.

Don't know much about the history of it but many a good night was had in the hall at weddings, dances, birthday parties not to forget the School of Dance (Ninja Mania will tell us more about that side :wink: ) and the Darts.

Great memories of Jocky Wilson at Babettes, 6 left double 1, double 1, double 1. I think he equalled the record for most 180's that night too.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

HAHAHA!!

Postby Annie » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:06 pm

My granny lived across the street from Babettes and I spent many an hour wearing out my toes at the dancing!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:10 pm

I was a bairn when I first started to frequent the dance floor to learn my moves.

Now look at what I can do.

Doesnt the 1st one look like the P's love child :?: .
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:33 am

Ninja Mania wrote:I was a bairn when I first started to frequent the dance floor to learn my moves.

Now look at what I can do.

Doesnt the 1st one look like the P's love child :?: .

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Jonathan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:34 pm

I think I remember that place - just..... :roll:
Jonathan
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Mel » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:35 pm

I use to take dance lessons there Mrs Stevenson was the teacher. I was a wee one. I also lived right across the street. I was so young but I remember hearing the music blaring at the weekends. I loved there chip butties. Great memories for me. What is all the road construction going on there?
Mel
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Local History and Discussion