Historic Kintyre website at www.campbeltownloch.com

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Historic Kintyre website at www.campbeltownloch.com

Postby Malky » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:46 pm

The Historic Kintyre website has just moved hosts and is currently being upgraded. It is changing to a content management system (well already has actually!).

There is a surprising number of hits to it. We had no idea how much traffic it was drawing so I thought I would put this thread here to keep everyone updated as to its progress.

The CMS is in place and we are starting to add the content to it. It is sitting in maintenance mode at the moment as we have no graphics in place and the CMS has still to be customised to suit. This will take a few days to complete.

Check back here for updates. :)

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:09 am

We are making good progress with the site and hope to have it live by the weekend. Lots of photos added tonight but a lot more still to go :wink:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:48 pm

Nearly all the graphics are in place now and the last of the photos will be added sometime tomorrow. Unfortunately, the majority of the photos on the site will be the same as what was on the old site. We had a whole load of photos that were to be put on the site late last year but Russell had a hard drive failure and we lost the lot. :cry:

I know there are loads of old photos out there, so if anyone has any old photos that they are willing to share we would be very grateful. Post in this thread or PM me.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:55 pm

Malky - are there any you can use on the Down Memory Lane pages or do you need these re-scanned?

There are a few on the forum plus I have a fw others still to post

Are they of anything?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:52 pm

Thanks the p :wink: Don't really want to steal anything from you - also you have your visitkintyre.info copyright across a lot of your photos :)

We'll eventually have the facility for anyone to upload photos to our site in a similar fashion to uploading to Photobucket which should make it easier to get photos.

Here's a little taster. I just added this to the site. Anyone want to name them and the year?

And stories would be good 8) :lol: :lol:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:00 pm

Malky wrote:Thanks the p :wink: Don't really want to steal anything from you - also you have your visitkintyre.info copyright across a lot of your photos :)

We'll eventually have the facility for anyone to upload photos to our site in a similar fashion to uploading to Photobucket which should make it easier to get photos.

Here's a little taster. I just added this to the site. Anyone want to name them and the year?

And stories would be good 8) :lol: :lol:

Malky

Malky

Not sure about the year, guess 1974 or just after!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know chap on left, then Campbell Gardiner,Hinton Craig and Chris Blair. Is my memory still ok ?
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:09 pm

Same as me Jd, I cant work out who is on left or what the band name was, but someone must know out there.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pete Reek » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:43 pm

That's a hoorafa big upside doon clue ahint the boys, is it naw :D
The wan on the left looks hellish lake wan o the Donnelly boys. Naw the wan that played fitba mind, the ither wan, Derek.
Hees quite cheeky wi the nippy sweetie hingin oot, is he naw.
Maybe am rang mind you. Ah mind wance before ah wis rang aboot sumthin, but that must haev bin years ago :?
Pete Reek

Postby Malky » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:58 am

The website is now open to the public :wink: We're still adding photos and information but the main layout is finished.

If you want to see who the unknown member of Sloe Gin is, check out the Kintyre People photo album.

Anyone who wishes to contribute photos please get in touch.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:23 am

Pete Reek wrote:That's a hoorafa big upside doon clue ahint the boys, is it naw :D
The wan on the left looks hellish lake wan o the Donnelly boys. Naw the wan that played fitba mind, the ither wan, Derek.
Hees quite cheeky wi the nippy sweetie hingin oot, is he naw.
Maybe am rang mind you. Ah mind wance before ah wis rang aboot sumthin, but that must haev bin years ago :?

Its only a big clue if your as auld as you.Pete.
Anyway your rang, he's fae Tarbert.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby dgraves » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:49 pm

Malky wrote:The website is now open to the public :wink: We're still adding photos and information but the main layout is finished.

If you want to see who the unknown member of Sloe Gin is, check out the Kintyre People photo album.

Anyone who wishes to contribute photos please get in touch.

Malky

Yeay..found it, Malky! You ought to post a website link on this thread for it. As you link yours and Russell's to this site, I'm sure Davie wouldn't mind. :D It is a great layout! Much easier to navigate and very appealing.
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby dgraves » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:39 pm

Campbeltownloch or Historic Kintyre site: http://www.campbeltownloch.com/news.php

Malky, how do you enlarge the pictures? Is 560 x 133 pixels as large as it gets? (I'm trying, Dunc! :lol: ) Just trying to see what Dunc told me to look for.
Last edited by dgraves on Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Historic kintyre. Fessie bit

Postby Dunc » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:29 pm

Site really looks good Malky.Pity about Russell losing his stuff. I sent him all the bits I had on my PC then sods law I lost most of mine couple of days ago.So Ill be cadging for some photos again.
I really should read-up how to use NERO instead of just clicking things I'd saved on disc
especially when tired ...or perhaps it was the Jack Daniels guy.

Wonder if he gave you a Post Card ??? limited edition you know ideal E-Bay stuff..

Dunc
Only the truth has been changed
Dunc
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:13 pm

Cracking site Malky - well done to you and Russell.

Will catch up with you tomorrow as there is loads of photos I have too which can be added - sorry about teh copyright on the Down Memory Lane site - was just something I tinkered about with last year and should have removed it :shock:

Really like the photo of the Rex usherette!

:-)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:52 am

the p wrote:Really like the photo of the Rex usherette!

:-)

The one with the furry slippers 8) :lol: :lol:
If someone could remember her name it would be good.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Local History and Discussion