The original house was built in the sixteen hundreds and then in 1844 by the architects David Bryce and William Burn -- Built for Richard Campbell of Glen Carradale. - - - It became a seat of the Buchanans of Mount Vernon and Drumpellier, Lanarkshire.( dates - - -? any other owner -? - - ) then Mackenzie ,and Mitchison
- - " Carradale House, at its head, is a seat of David Carrick Buchanan, Esq. of Drumpellier" from http://www.scottish-places.info/scotgaz ... ry675.html
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.