Lorne and Lowland Church

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Postby amron » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:38 pm

I have never noticed any thing on Ben Gullion but after looking at some pics I took yesterday you can just see it on the hill. I tried zooming in but it was just too blurry.

amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jdcarra » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:02 pm

Bobbie En Tejas wrote:Thep, what is that structure that is half way up on the right side of the pic?

A large rocky outcrop, bit blurry but windy this morning taking the pic with no tripod.

the p's pic taken from opposite side of town (Start of Bengullion Path rear of Grammar School)

jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jane59 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:33 pm

Very good ,I was right then.......hows about any history as was first asked (no not of the rocks pop before you start lol)
jane59
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:39 pm

Thanks JD! That solves that mystery. Great zoom on that camera. What kind of camera is that? Would love to see Campbeltown from up there.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby take_a_pop » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:21 pm

Weil thaits the last time a try an gan an try climmin a bloody big hill, did ah naw faa, an ah think a brock ma feengir. (LOOK) whit dae ye mak oh thit Dr Snoddy.

take_a_pop
Active Poster
Active Poster

Sore fingers

Postby oorly gourlay » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:33 pm

Aye Pop that does look sair but no' hauf as sair as the puir thep's face efter his veesit tae Cross Street. At least it's naw yir whole feenger. :oops:

oorly
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pete Reek » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:59 pm

Christ sake Bubba, dont go mentionin the trees on Bengullion whit uvver yi dae. See lake uvvrythin else in this wee toon o oors, there haes tae be a hoorafa row aboot things before wir happy. Were miserable barstewards at hert.
Noo yiv seen first hand the stramash aboot the walk thats gan through Kintyre, an the same wi the library an the new dookin hoose ower the green. Well, a wheen o years ago it wis the sem bloody thing when the Forestry wantit tae pit trees on Mrs Gullions lad. The toon wis split doon the middle aboot whither there should be trees or naw.
Theyll probably naw uvver be cut doon yi unnerstan, cos it wid be hoora dear tay take them oot as theres naw a lot o them.
Best thing yi can dae in future is ask kinna kwettly aboot things afore yi jump in wi the high heeled boots wi the pointy toes.

Ah saw on wan other bit on here where yi wir askin aboot how the decision makin process works here. Well seen as yir naw uvvryboady ahll tell yi.
Something new rears its heed. Some are for it, an some ur naw for it. There a bit o a shindig an somboady tells yi that their the only wan that knows uvvrythin aboot it an the rest o us ur bloody gallolls, so we should shut wir mooths an dae hoot wir tellt.
If yi dont believe me, jeest go back ower the bits aboot the stuff ah hae mentioned an yi can see fur yersel.
They tell me its caad democrassy or some other thing.
Ah better go, cos a had a hoorafa feed o sprouts for mi dinner.
Pete Reek

Postby jdcarra » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:20 am

Bobbie En Tejas wrote:Thanks JD! That solves that mystery. Great zoom on that camera. What kind of camera is that? Would love to see Campbeltown from up there.

Bobbie

Nothing fancy, Canon Powershot G3 4.0 mega pixels with a Canon tele converter TC-DC58N 1.75x lens. As i said, did not use a tripod, so not perfect.
If some one else does not get up before me, I will try to get a pic from there and post on here.
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ticketty Boo! » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:47 am

JD Carra - I have it on very guid authority that ye have no excuse whateffer fer no usin' a tripod - or huv ye flogged it already?
Ye'll huv hud yer tea?
Ticketty Boo!
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:51 pm

take_a_pop wrote:Weil thaits the last time a try an gan an try climmin a bloody big hill, did ah naw faa, an ah think a brock ma feengir. (LOOK) whit dae ye mak oh thit Dr Snoddy.

Awww Pop! That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me... go climbing around scratching and scraping themselves and drawing blood! Just to get a picture. Just a good thing it wasn't your leg... or your neck! Did anyone hear the echo of Pop yodelling in tongues from the rocks when that happened?
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Sore fingers

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:47 pm

oorly gourlay wrote:Aye Pop that does look sair but no' hauf as sair as the puir thep's face efter his veesit tae Cross Street. At least it's naw yir whole feenger. :oops:

oorly

Cheers Oorly - christ can i naw dae anything! :-)

Here ya go,

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jane59 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:13 am

Aye thats a lovely photo Davie,you should market it for a postcard!!
jane59
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:41 am

Very nice thep!
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:31 am

[quote="take_a_pop"]Weil thaits the last time a try an gan an try climmin a bloody big hill, did ah naw faa, an ah think a brock ma feengir. (LOOK) whit dae ye mak oh thit Dr Snoddy.

Good picture Davie, ah can pooter aboot the village this weekend noo instead oh mabye getting the same treatment as Pop. :wink:
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:40 pm

Another angle of the steeple which seems to crop up in alot of my photos!

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Local History and Discussion