Campbeltown 1739

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Campbeltown 1739

Postby d. aubrey mcneill » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:13 pm

My progenitor left Kintyre area in 1739 for Cape Fear North Carolina. His name was Neill McNeill. He had two sons Roger and Henry. Neill died in 1764 in Cumberland County North Carolina. I am still looking for the name of Neill's wife but am fortunate to have the names of his daughters; Catherine, Margaret, Flora, Mary, and Ann. I would like to know if there is any information on my family in Kintyre? Any news welcome, signed Proud Kintyre American
d. aubrey mcneill
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Campbeltown 1739

Postby Iain » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi there ! And welcome to the Kintyre Forum.
This is a late reply !

Perhaps her name was Ann Campbell b1716 in Auchinbreck, Ayrshire.
I found this source on Ancestry and they are down as having another two children... Roger 1740 born in Campbeltown and died in Cumberland NC in 1789. (lots of certificates available to see) Also, Henry, born and died in Cumberland, NC. 1755-1799.

..., Iain. :wink:
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Campbeltown 1739

Postby ralstonroy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:01 pm

Maybe if you were to put your query in the proper thread you might be more likely to get a reply. A lot of people seem to think that History and Genealogy are one and the same, of course this is not the case. :roll:
ralstonroy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Local History and Discussion