Ian MacDonald of Clachan and Lochgilphead

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Ian MacDonald of Clachan and Lochgilphead

Postby STG » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Many of those who study Kintyre history and genealogy will have received generous assistance from Ian MacDonald, recently living in Lochgilphead, and previously resident in Clachan. For the many people outside Kintyre - and outside Scotland - who have benefited from Ian's expertise, I'm copying below the sad news of his death, as announced in the Glasgow Herald.

Ian MacDonald
Published Tuesday 05 February 2013
MacDONALD — IAN. Peacefully, at home, on 3rd February 2013, Ian MacDonald, beloved husband of Ina Park, dearly loved father of Malcolm, Anne and John, dear father-in-law of Janice, adored Papa of his seven grandchildren and his great-granddaughter, and beloved brother of Anne. He will be sadly missed by his family and friends. Funeral service will be held at Kilcalmonell Parish Church, Clachan, on Thursday, 7th February at 1.30pm, thereafter to Clachan Cemetery. Family flowers only. Donations, if desired, to Erskine Hospital and Kilcalmonell Parish Church.
STG
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Ian MacDonald of Clachan and Lochgilphead

Postby dragonlynn67 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:41 am

I just heard about this earlier this month when we were in Kintyre. Sad to hear. I think everyone with any connexion to Kintyre knew who he was. Thanks for posting this obit.
dragonlynn67
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Local History and Discussion