Some pipe band members with Paul McCartney

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Postby petewick » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:26 pm

Bobbie En Tejas wrote:okay, I give up.. what does Paul McCartney have to do with this little naked frolic in the heather?

:shock: Errr.. that may be wrongly worded.

Like I said, come over and find out, nyak nyak nyak :oops:
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Mull of Kintyre

Postby campbeltownx » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:21 pm

Think it was 29 years ago today that Mull Of Kintyre was released (charted 8 days later) sold over 1 million copies!! Think this would be a big hit at the M O K music festival next year with Kintyre schools pipe band. As long as they find a singer to carry it off!! Maybe the M O K festival committee could invite Sir Paul himself along to celebrate 30 years since its release. Now that would be special. Better than Deacon Blue & Idlewild?????
campbeltownx
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Sweltered » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:59 pm

Heard MOK for the first time in years, on the radio. Not Sir Paul, but a good cover.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby WLB123 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:00 am

Lived there when MOK came out. The radio "wits" were calling it Mulligan Tyres but just as a joke.
I thought the idea was McCartney did it as donation to the pipe band as a fund raiser for them to have new equipment etc.
On another note brought up earlier about the evil weed growing. I thought it was Linda that was the gardener. Used to see her in Woolworths now and again in her wellies but never Paul in town. I did see Ringo once and John and Yoko nearly ran me over in a Bently when they blew through a lay by and nearly hit our car going the other way.
WLB123
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Previous

Return to Local History and Discussion