Eaglesomes?

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Eaglesomes?

Postby lochend » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:49 pm

I know it has been up for some time but I just noted the item about the Cadenhead's shop.I am sure that the last time I visited the wee toon in 1980 that particular shop used to sell Springbank Whisky and was in fact owned by the distillers .I Believe it was a sort of whisky shop come delicatessan.Would love to be reminded of the name,it has only recently slipped from my memory.I remember my father returning from a holiday in his home town and excitedly mentioning that the shop was selling commemorative bottles of whisky distilled when his father (my grandfather (Robert McBain) worked at the distillery. I eagerly asked to see the bottle he must have bought and he sheepishly showed me a photograph of the one in the window! Tight git!!!! NB. : It's just come back to me,I think it was called Eaglesomes?
lochend
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Eaglesomes?

Postby Mzz pasico » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:27 am

Yes, it was Eaglesomes.
Mzz pasico
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Local History and Discussion