Old TA Hall

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Old TA Hall

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:02 pm

Just thought I would carry on from last week's REX cinema thread with a picture of the site of the former TA Hall in St John Street/Argyle Street. Took this picture today.

The houses now replace the former TA Hall which was used for a number of activities over the years but fell into dis-repair. (there is now a new TA Hall at Hazelburn) I used to go to the Army Cadets there when I was young - or was it the Sea Cadets :shock:. Other things included the Bird Show being held there etc. Once again, I am sure there are plenty of people out there were far superior knowledge and memories than me of the hall. I'm just taking an interest in this all now! :wink:

Anyone got an old photo of the TA Hall?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby oorly gourlay » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:33 pm

Sorry no photos of the hall but I recently came across the old hardwood floor of the hall being laid in a renovated cottage in Glen Lonan outside Oban. Really looked first class too!

oorly
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Old TA Hall

Postby petewick » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:51 pm

Some great dances in there back in the day......
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local History and Discussion