Carradale Gaelic Choir

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Carradale Gaelic Choir

Postby TADskye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Hello,
My name is Fiona MacKinnon and I work for the Tobar an Dualchais Project based in Skye. http://www.tobarandualchais.co.uk
The aim of the project is to digitise and make Gaelic and Scots sound recordings available to the public online. The recordings come from the archives of the BBC, the School of Scottish Studies at Edinburgh University and the National Trust.
We have some recordings (BBC) of Carradale Gaelic choir between 1966 and 1979 which we would like to include in the project. I wondered if someone on this forum could put me in touch with a member of the choir who could give permission for these recordings to be included in the project. I'd be grateful for any help :)

Kind regards

Fiona
Tel: 01471 888601
sm00fnf@uhi.ac.uk
TADskye
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Carradale Gaelic Choir

Postby jdcarra » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:41 pm

TADskye wrote:Hello,
My name is Fiona MacKinnon and I work for the Tobar an Dualchais Project based in Skye. http://www.tobarandualchais.co.uk
The aim of the project is to digitise and make Gaelic and Scots sound recordings available to the public online. The recordings come from the archives of the BBC, the School of Scottish Studies at Edinburgh University and the National Trust.
We have some recordings (BBC) of Carradale Gaelic choir between 1966 and 1979 which we would like to include in the project. I wondered if someone on this forum could put me in touch with a member of the choir who could give permission for these recordings to be included in the project. I'd be grateful for any help :)

Kind regards

Fiona
Tel: 01471 888601
sm00fnf@uhi.ac.uk

I have just passed on some ex Carradale Choir members contact details to Fiona.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local History and Discussion