Alex Menzies

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Alex Menzies

Postby Isa » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:52 pm

I found this postcard sent from Canada that mentions Campbeltown and the Stewarts so may be of interest to Charles. It was sent in 1913.

Isa

1101 Bidwell Street
Vancouver
BC

September 1913

Hi all,

Thank you very much for the letter I received some time ago. I have just had a postcard from Jessie Wright in which she tells me she had been down at Campbeltown so expect you would have an enjoyable time with her.

What do you think of our bandstand in Stanley Park that is on the other side of this card. I took the photo myself.

The park itself is fine and large and is seven miles round and there are innumerable shady spots out of it for having a good time.

Although Vancouver is a fine city, Glasgow can knock spots out of it for entertainment.

Hope your mother, father and Brother are well as well as the Stewarts and yourself. Give them all my love.

Alex Menzies
Last edited by Isa on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isa
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Alex Menzies

Postby Isa » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:06 pm

This card was also from Alex Menzies to someone local and is dated 1917. It was sent from Seaford.

Dear Madge

Thank you very much for your letter which I was very pleased to get. Have just returned from leave and had a great time visiting both Gourock and Glasgow.

I go over to France in a few days but won't go directly into the firing line yet.

Alex Menzies
Isa
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Local History and Discussion