Drug Dealers in Campbeltown

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Drug Dealers in Campbeltown

Postby Malky » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:47 pm

Sweltered wrote:He got four and a half years, so it's hardly a rumour.

Kintyre Forum News wrote:Sorry, I was meaning people naming people on here until they are trialed and convicted.

Obviously I wouldn't have posted a name if he hadn't been convicted.
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Malky wrote:Obviously I wouldn't have posted a name if he hadn't been convicted.

That may well be, however four years six months is a considerable time, one that I have no doubt, reflects the gravity of the crime. So the felon has been caught, sentenced and incarcerated, justice has been done at that point.
So why go on to increase the punishment by naming. I suspect there may be other innocent people living at 6a Kirk Street what of them ? Have they to pay for someone else crime too ?
As far as making money out of other peoples misery, what about the Courier ? what they print, they sell for profit, don't they. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:23 pm

You are a twat
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby History » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:25 pm

This thread is in Current Affairs and the article was in the local paper therefore it is in the public domain.

Someone asked a question and Malky answered it. What's the problem?
History
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Absolutely no problem at this end ( receiving ) .
I regard that remark ( twat ) as being in equal magnitude with that of, being savaged by a dead sheep. :lol:
( farming pun )
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:31 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:I regard that remark ( twat ) as being in equal magnitude with that of, being savaged by a dead sheep. :lol:
( farming pun )

It wasn't very original of me was it :roll: :D
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Malky wrote:
Sweltered wrote:He got four and a half years, so it's hardly a rumour.

Kintyre Forum News wrote:Sorry, I was meaning people naming people on here until they are trialed and convicted.

Obviously I wouldn't have posted a name if he hadn't been convicted.

:D Think we are at cross purposes. (but maybe not!! :? :D ) Really was posting with regards Sweltered mentioning the town's drug problem in Campbeltown had not been mentioned before on the forum.

See clear as mud 8)
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:50 pm

And I was aiming my post at ionnsaigh :) I think .... :?
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EileenH » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:31 pm

People should know what drug dealers do. Until it comes to your own door you really don't take an interest. I had a young nephew who thought it ok to dabble in drugs. It lead to him keeping the company of other 'druggies'. One of these other 'druggies' murdered him, his girlfriend, all to do with drug taking, cocaine, left a baby daughter for the family to bring up. That wee girl will grow up not knowing her daddy. It's evil. If you know of someone who is dealing drugs - shop them! You never know - it could be one of your own family who loses their life through this. My nephew was 26. If it wasn't for drugs being available through dealers he might still be alive and my great neice might still have a daddy. (she's only 3).
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Tom B » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:29 am

EileenH wrote:People should know what drug dealers do. Until it comes to your own door you really don't take an interest. I had a young nephew who thought it ok to dabble in drugs. It lead to him keeping the company of other 'druggies'. One of these other 'druggies' murdered him, his girlfriend, all to do with drug taking, cocaine, left a baby daughter for the family to bring up. That wee girl will grow up not knowing her daddy. It's evil. If you know of someone who is dealing drugs - shop them! You never know - it could be one of your own family who loses their life through this. My nephew was 26. If it wasn't for drugs being available through dealers he might still be alive and my great neice might still have a daddy. (she's only 3).

well said Eileen
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sweltered » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Tom B wrote:
EileenH wrote:People should know what drug dealers do. Until it comes to your own door you really don't take an interest. I had a young nephew who thought it ok to dabble in drugs. It lead to him keeping the company of other 'druggies'. One of these other 'druggies' murdered him, his girlfriend, all to do with drug taking, cocaine, left a baby daughter for the family to bring up. That wee girl will grow up not knowing her daddy. It's evil. If you know of someone who is dealing drugs - shop them! You never know - it could be one of your own family who loses their life through this. My nephew was 26. If it wasn't for drugs being available through dealers he might still be alive and my great neice might still have a daddy. (she's only 3).

well said Eileen

Absolutely, couldn't agree more.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:41 pm

A truly tragic turn of events, one where you have my heartfelt sympathy. However one can't afford to live a life of regret, and wishing if only this or that. I've no doubt the parent who taught their dead son driving lessons,regrets every day. Cocaine the drug, to the best of my limited knowledge, doesn't kill. A murderer murdered, if it wasn't cocaine it would have been something else. Yes of course the selling and buying of cocaine is illegal, driven underground by a stupid law,
that allows our young people to associate with criminals. The street mentality of the drug - I imagine remains high. Youth and rebellion, and all that go's, with the immaturity of young people. Popular culture has always included the rebel pop stars, kicking off with crack. Where did prince ( the ginger heid wan ) get his score ? Should he have shopped his dealer ?
You can never accomplish a society, that is completely recreational drug free, I for one would defend the right of the individual at that point. If we will never rid ourselves of these drugs, lets become grown up about it, except it as it is, and deal with it. Why should we as a society, except the vulnerability of our youth to being further compromised, by allowing this trade to remain in the hands of criminals. Decriminalisation would remove the current problems of identifying those in need. It would transfer power from the hand of the mobster, to that of the people. We take control at that point. Only then can we monitor the well being of society as a whole. Not in a big brother sort of way though - we must stop criminalising our young people, with laws, that quite frankly, don't work. We have a moral duty to make this a better place for our children. Lets make a start. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EileenH » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Am I right in thinking that you think we should legalise these drugs? They are illegal for a reason! Have you ever been involved with someone who is so high from this drug that they do the craziest things? It also enlarges your heart and damages other organs. It makes the user think they can do anything (and get away with it!) What is the death toll of these 'users'? I for one would not be happy to find that one of my sons were using drugs, legal or not. By making it legal to sell these drugs would only maybe bring the price down and make it easier to get your hands on them, but that is no excuse for the way drug users behave. I think it's all about living in a safer society too. By telling the story of my nephew, my point was that if he hadn't been able to get his hands on these drugs he might still be alive and healthy. It's not just the drug user that the dealers affect, it's their families too. You only have to look at my sister to see what it's done to her life. If I knew a dealer I would shop him or her in a heartbeat. Everyone else should do the same. I accept that it was my nephews choice to use drugs. His dealer gave him them cheap, sometimes free, then when he was well and truly hooked he made plenty from him. By then it was too late for my nephew, he was addicted.
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Eileen, my heart bleeds for you and all your family. I have three children, none of whom have been tainted by drugs but I know that there for the grace of God . . . We can only do our best for our children and this evil ****** destroyed your nephew and loved ones' lives. Ionns is only using this case to further his own views on legalisation.
You're right, I would shop a dealer. They're evil, parasitic scum that prey, as someone said earlier, on the misery and vulnerability of others and where I live, they target schoolkids. Once in, peer pressure can take over. It's so sad.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EileenH » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Govangirl, my nephew was still at school when he dabbled with drugs, 16 years old. He thought he could handle it. He tried several times to come off them, went to rehab, the lot. He just wasn't strong enough. About 7 years ago he tried to end his life because he could no longer afford to feed his habit but couldn't stop. In the end I think he just accepted that he couldn't stop. So, legalising these drugs is not the answer. The dealers are just greedy for the money they take. I don't imagine they use the drug themselves, they know the pitfalls.
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs