Drug Dealers in Campbeltown

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Drug Dealers in Campbeltown

Postby Sweltered » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Alcohol is as big a blight on Scottish society as drugs, and I hate to disagree, but the attitude that
there’s nothing wrong wi’ a good bucket now and again
is getting applied to cannabis use now. That being said, I would be hard pressed to come up with a valid argument that keeps alcohol legal and cannabis illegal.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:03 pm

ionnsaigh wrote: I wish some would stop pulling the hair out their head, because of some self perceived moral dilemma, about parental responsibility and the hangups that undoubtedly go with it. :roll:

What a load of tosh you speak at times in your one-man campaign to stick up for the most stupidist things! There is no moral high ground on here Ionns – any parent fears their children might be at risk of drugs. You’re entitled to decide on whatever parental response you think is appropriate once you found your child at 15 taking drugs. My beef was not with your acceptance of this but rather the hypocrisy of blaming everything else – the law, the media, etc. – instead of your own addiction.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Govangirl wrote:You’re entitled to decide on whatever parental response you think is appropriate once you found your child at 15 taking drugs. My beef was not with your acceptance of this but rather the hypocrisy of blaming everything else – the law, the media, etc. – instead of your own addiction.

I don't have an addiction, apart from coffee. So who was to blame for all his friends taking drugs at the same time ? Me ? or their respective parents, none of who smoked dope ( so I believe ) .
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:02 pm

One of the biggest symtoms of cannabis addiction is paranoia.Which if i ame right means everyone else is to blame.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Malky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:21 pm

:lol: Nice one.
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EileenH » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:41 pm

I totally agree there! And Ionns, you DID encourage your son to take drugs, and his friends too, by allowing them to smoke it in your son's bedroom. I know you said at least he's not doing it anywhere else, but I suspect he is. He won't only smoke it in his bedroom. Do his friends parents know you allow their kids to take drugs in your home? I bet they don't!
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ionnsaigh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:18 am

EileenH wrote:I totally agree there! And Ionns, you DID encourage your son to take drugs, and his friends too, by allowing them to smoke it in your son's bedroom. I know you said at least he's not doing it anywhere else, but I suspect he is. He won't only smoke it in his bedroom. Do his friends parents know you allow their kids to take drugs in your home? I bet they don't!

No, my sons drug taking lasted for about Two Years, this was about 15yrs ago. As a matter of fact, he is now a vocal opponent against drugs. His friends parents, most of them professionals, allowed them to take drugs in their home.
No I never encouraged his drug taking , at least not in an open overt fashion. Subconsciously maybe, however he was encouraged from a young age, to be open and honest with his parents, something he has retained to this day. Perhaps you think that both my wife and I, where negligent in our duty of care ? From a young age, he was encouraged to love and look after things. We got rid of the TV, for the first three years of his life. We taught him to respect other peoples opinions, and to show respect to his neighbours. My son is very well thought of by his neighbours and family. He is a very considerate, non judgmental type of man. He has lots of positive attributes - so yes maybe we both failed him when it came to drugs, but it wasn't for any lack or care, quite the opposite. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:16 am

blueboyno1 wrote:One of the biggest symtoms of cannabis addiction is paranoia.Which if i ame right means everyone else is to blame.

Well your half right blueboyno1, at least in your description of paranoia. Mental Illness :lol: ( not something to be made fun off ) of which paranoia is unquestionably a symptom, happens in some illnesses. The cannabis is technically irrelevant a maybe or maybe not - type of dilemma that can't stand up to scientific scrutiny in establishing fact. However EMDEE has correctly pointed out the increase in mental health problems, facing the youth of today. I would agree that cannabis is implicated as being one of the main culprits, although the jury is still out on that one. Perhaps it's the black plastic bags shredded and added to the soap bar, that is causing the problem ? Truth is we don't know. There appears a tendency who
points the finger, extremely judgmental who would openly scorn buckfast - yet drink champagne.

Hypocrites are these yer pranks,
Baseball hats within their ranks,
Snide the tooth the smile an grin,
They drink Buckie while you drink Gin.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EMDEE » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:28 pm

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you" :<>
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EileenH » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:58 pm

Ionns, in previous posts you wrote of your sons' drug abuse as if it was at the present time. If your son has since stopped taking drugs and against their use then he must have realised at some point that what he was doing was wrong and bad for him. Good for him for fo longer using. Thats something which is apparently very difficult to do after long term use. Would he shop a dealer? :D
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ionnsaigh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:01 am

EileenH wrote:Ionns, in previous posts you wrote of your sons' drug abuse as if it was at the present time.

I never intended that to be the case - I thought that the mention of the Charlatans and Happy Monday's ( pop groups ) :lol: would give the timescale game away.

EileenH wrote:Would he shop a dealer? :D

Not sure.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EileenH » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:01 pm

The music would never have given it away. My son is 16 and he listens to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Sabbath,AC/DC etc. So if I had to say that in my post, you would probably think he was in his 40's! :lol: If I was to tell you who I listen to you would think I was 70 probably :(
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ionnsaigh » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:39 am

EileenH wrote:The music would never have given it away. My son is 16 and he listens to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Sabbath,AC/DC etc. So if I had to say that in my post, you would probably think he was in his 40's! :lol: If I was to tell you who I listen to you would think I was 70 probably :(

Chances are high you listen to Black Sabbath and AC/DC, with a little bit of Pink Floyd for good measure. :D
One positive point that may have been overlooked, is that our young people emulate behaviour. Good Bad indifferent, they will. So in that respect Society has a moral obligation, at least to point them in the path of the least destruction.
( bunch a wee buggers, so they are )
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Yer some man Ionns.
Why has society got a moral obligation to point our kids on the right road when you cleaely did not by allowing your son to smoke dope at such an early age. :?: :?: :?:
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ionnsaigh » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:05 pm

blueboyno1 wrote:Yer some man Ionns.
Why has society got a moral obligation to point our kids on the right road when you cleaely did not by allowing your son to smoke dope at such an early age. :?: :?: :?:

Unlike you and the girl then. Such an undertaking can only be taken, if you take out the weak link. In other words the individual parental response, that would undoubtedly vary from family to family. Perhaps if your lucky enough to be born into a functional unit - then yes fine. However on the other hand if your not, then all of society will suffer. What is required is a planned educational strategy, accepted by all and asunder. On the basis that yes, some children will experiment with drugs, and how best can we minimise the damage, if any. ( with pure cannabis an example )
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs