Birmingham couple jailed for starving Khyra Ishaq

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Birmingham couple jailed for starving Khyra Ishaq

Postby £3.73 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Or lets backdate it .... because all the words and centuries are interchangeable ...

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic.

THEN THEY CAME for the Witches,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Witch.

THEN THEY CAME for the Highlanders,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Highlander.

THEN THEY CAME for the World is Round thinkers,
and I didn’t speak up because I wasn't a World is Round thinker.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Just insert buzz word du jour into the above. Say it on the news often enough, et voila, you have a lynch mob.
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Just my opinion but I doubt Pastor Niemoller had paedophiles and child murderers in mind when he wrote his words. It is about the purging of certain targeted groups and the danger of apathy.

Just again, I do not believe in capital punishment but I would like to see stricter sentences for the likes of child killers and six years doesn't do it for me.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby £3.73 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:07 am

Well the reason I posted it on this thread is that for ages now, I've watched this particular sample group of society getting more opinionated and more judgemental. Why, probably because they are scared. Why are they scared. Probably because in the last few years the world has become unimaginably different. Why has it been allowed to become different? Apathy
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby blueboyno1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:10 am

I would like to see how many posters on here who would turn the other cheek when confronted by the horror and pain that must have been inflicted on this child ,whos only fault was being born .How does children who rely on their parents to feed them feel when they know that their is no one there to help them. Basic instinct is to feed and ptotect your childrn .These pieces of scum did not .They should burn in hell.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby £3.73 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 am

Blueboy ... how can I possibly disagree with that , because you are right !!!
But
Maybe you feed, protect and nurture your children, and maybe they will get drafted anyway, and sent to an ever escalating war, return horribly scarred by their experience or maybe not come back at all.
Maybe while they're there, they will get caught up in the "fog of war" and bear witness to horrendous suffering against children.

Maybe you might just be going on holiday and have to put your children through a naked body scanner, in case theyre terrorists ! High resolution naked pictures !

Where are the banner headlines about that ?
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby EMDEE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:42 am

Maybe, as an alternative to capital punishment, which many people find repugnant, in addition to their jail sentence, these people who have proved that they are not even capable of looking after their own children could be sterilised. That would certainly be a deterrent against their doing it again. 8)

In cases like this, the fecundity of those involved is very often in inverse proportion to their parenting abilities. :evil:
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Tom B » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:40 am

I don't care what happens this woman - I know that we keep voting against the death penalty in this country, and I don't have a problem with that democratic decision - but every pound we now have to spend on this woman is a pound less to spend on the weakest people in society that do need (and deserve) our help.
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:52 pm

Tom B wrote:but every pound we now have to spend on this woman is a pound less to spend on the weakest people in society that do need (and deserve) our help.
Yes and that includes this woman. For only god could bless her, at least according to the Christians in our beloved band.

EMDEE wrote:In cases like this, the fecundity of those involved is very often in inverse proportion to their parenting abilities.

Now that is an interesting point,if that is the case,would it not suggest that we are dealing with one and the same thing ?
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Tom B » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:06 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:
Tom B wrote:but every pound we now have to spend on this woman is a pound less to spend on the weakest people in society that do need (and deserve) our help.
Yes and that includes this woman. For only god could bless her, at least according to the Christians in our beloved band.

If we had unlimited resources, fine allocate three people to work with her for the rest of her life and try and rehabilitate her, all the time monitoring her 24 hrs a day to ensure she doesn't commit another henious crime. But there aren't unlimited resources, and so I'd rather the 3 or more people who will now be directly employed caring for this woman spent their time more usefully, in a myriad of other ways - one might be providing for the pensioners who fought in WW2 and now get a pittance of a pension, and many of whom are abandoned by society. It is a choice and by portraying ourselves as a caring society (by trying to help her "she's a victim too") we are tacetly approving of not spending our resources (human, financial and otherwise) in other better ways
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:45 pm

I agree that capital punishment is barbaric ,but it is the ultimate deterrent and If most people who carry out these crimes knew that this was the punishment then they would not be so fast to commit them .The justice and penal system in this country is a pure joke . The only punishment is loss of freedom .They get three square meals their telly, sweets ,tobacco,everything they need .They sit in groups run by social workers and counsellers,most of whom has earned their degrees by study on the net and after serving a mere percentage of their sentence these people deem them cured enough to be sent back into society. where they promptly re offend .You cannot rehabilitate people in this way they must serve a punishment for their crimes and know they have been punished or they will just laugh at it .The papers are filled every day with cases of murderers,rapists ,child molesters who are released after being so called rehaillitated and within weeks have carried out the same crimes ,or in some cases worse.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:04 pm

blueboyno1,please allow me to readdress an imbalance.
blueboyno1 wrote:.The papers are filled every day with

blueboyno1 wrote:The justice and penal system in this country is a pure joke . The only punishment is loss of freedom .They get three square meals their telly, sweets ,tobacco,everything they need .They sit in groups run by social workers and counsellers,most of whom has earned their degrees by study on the net and after serving a mere percentage of their sentence these people deem them cured enough to be sent back into society. where they promptly re offend .

Yes that's more like it. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby petewick » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:47 pm

blueboyno1 wrote:I agree that capital punishment is barbaric ,but it is the ultimate deterrent and If most people who carry out these crimes knew that this was the punishment then they would not be so fast to commit them .The justice and penal system in this country is a pure joke . The only punishment is loss of freedom .They get three square meals their telly, sweets ,tobacco,everything they need .They sit in groups run by social workers and counsellers,most of whom has earned their degrees by study on the net and after serving a mere percentage of their sentence these people deem them cured enough to be sent back into society. where they promptly re offend .You cannot rehabilitate people in this way they must serve a punishment for their crimes and know they have been punished or they will just laugh at it .The papers are filled every day with cases of murderers,rapists ,child molesters who are released after being so called rehaillitated and within weeks have carried out the same crimes ,or in some cases worse.

As I've said before, Albert Pierrepoint, the "famous" State executioner said that the death sentence was no real deterrent.
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:21 pm

That was easy for him to say he was not the one being hanged .If you know there is a chance of being hanged then it would surely make you think twice .
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby bill » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:41 pm

blueboyno1 wrote:That was easy for him to say he was not the one being hanged .If you know there is a chance of being hanged then it would surely make you think twice .

Very true blueboy.There are no serious deterrents in place.Jail sentences are way too lenient,with 50% reductions for good behaviour,only for the majority to re-offend.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:05 pm

bill wrote:
blueboyno1 wrote:That was easy for him to say he was not the one being hanged .If you know there is a chance of being hanged then it would surely make you think twice .

Very true blueboy.There are no serious deterrents in place.Jail sentences are way too lenient,with 50% reductions for good behaviour,only for the majority to re-offend.

Loss of freedom should be the principal deterrent. If the threat of death ever acted as a deterrent, why the question begs, did it never work in the past, not forgetting one could be hanged for stealing. Where oh where, does this common misconception of life behind bars stem from. Funny I used to hear it during the Thacher Tyranny, seems like a war cry for the small minded, petty revengeful type of folk. Don't you think ? :lol:
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs