ABE Racism?

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

ABE Racism?

Postby Govangirl » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:23 am

I heard this yesterday on the radio and had a good laugh. Is it racism or is it harmless banter?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/nor ... 533791.stm

I love the line "It's important to recognise people could take offence." Personally, I take offence at all these numpties continuously taking offence at things!
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: ABE Racism?

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:04 am

Govangirl wrote:I heard this yesterday on the radio and had a good laugh. Is it racism or is it harmless banter?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/nor ... 533791.stm

I love the line "It's important to recognise people could take offence." Personally, I take offence at all these numpties continuously taking offence at things!

:D

with you on this GG. It is getting to the point where no-one will be allowed to say anything!

England is not a race so it is not racism. Its banter.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: ABE Racism?

Postby EMDEE » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:14 am

The company representative is of course correct. How can this be "racist"? This is a word that has lost its original meaning through being hijacked by busybodies, and overused, and has come to mean any kind of rivalry between nations etc.. This is patently not "racism", as the Scots, English, Irish and Welsh, along with other European nationalities, all belong to the same race, and I would suggest that there is nothing wrong with national rivalries among the home countries.
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs