Gordon Brown on Piers Morgan

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Gordon Brown on Piers Morgan

Postby Tom B » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:53 pm

GB coming across very well - not alway his biggest fan, but he is sincere - maybe he won't lose election!
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Gordon Brown on Piers Morgan

Postby Govangirl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:12 am

Personally, I'm sick of the way our modern politicians involve themselves in this kind of salacious entertainment. Answering questions about the mile high club? Are they so desperate that they will now accept this 'grilling' from a judge on Britain's got Talent? :<> Call me a fuddy duddy but is it really too much to ask nowadays for Prime Ministers to act ministerially?
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:02 am

Govangirl wrote:Personally, I'm sick of the way our modern politicians involve themselves in this kind of salacious entertainment. Answering questions about the mile high club? Are they so desperate that they will now accept this 'grilling' from a judge on Britain's got Talent? :<> Call me a fuddy duddy but is it really too much to ask nowadays for Prime Ministers to act ministerially?

Totally agree.And you are not a fuddy duddy. :)
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Tom B » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:51 am

well he gets such a bad press normally, and generally comes across as a poor communicator I thought it was good to see him as a more normal person. Missed the question you're referring to, but I did see him talk about his child that died. A short part of the overall interview, which he in no way 'milked' - but to read the pre showing press, you would have thought it was all he talked about. The press manipulates things in such a way, that I think he has to take all opportunities to let people see the person he is.
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs