You Dirty Rat

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

You Dirty Rat

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:07 am

Is it wrong to kill an animal for entertainment ?
At the end of the day Thousands of animals are slaughtered for food. Does it really make any difference to the poor animal, as to the reason why it has met an early end. There is little in the way of difference, between a Human Cow Lamb Pig or Rat in terms of the classification Mammal. The poor wee rat however has endured, a negative stereotypical reputation since the Bubonic Plague. An angler kills for entertainment, Fox Hunting and Bull Fighting are also forms of entertainment ( Sport ) The annual slaughter of Red Deer and Grouse, are examples of entertainment ( killing ) cleverly hidden behind the mask of pest control. Scratch that thin veneer of civilisation, to quickly reveal the savage in us all. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: You Dirty Rat

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Just proves the levels to which"reality" T.V.has sunk.Something else that made me feel extremely annoyed about mis-treatment of animals was the shot of Gordon Ramsay using a fairground type grab so that customers could catch their own live lobster from a tank.It is one thing to kill for food,but not to be used as some sort of sideshow.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Absolutely Roger, Gordon Ramsey - well he is another kettle of fish. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:57 pm

As far as the contestants were comcerned they thought the rats were running wild they did not know that the producers wer setting tame ones bred in captivity loose as part of the show ,I for one dont believe they ate a rat ,not one of them were the least bit squeamish about eating it .I would have had to think long and hard about eating it ,they got stuck in as if it was some sort of takeaway.Thousands are eaten in India everyday .Load of nonsense for them to be charged with cruelty.
As far as i am concerned RATS RAT . :)
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:55 am

Surely it is the concept of the deed that is offensive?
What I find MORE offensive is that little neopolitan anus Di Campo.I believe he left Italy due to ill-health.(Everyone got sick of him).What a waste of oxygen. :x
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am

Ainsley what's his name, really burns my toast - I can't stand the man. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs