Global Warming exposed as sham

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Global Warming exposed as sham

Postby Sweltered » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:39 pm

:D

At last!

I've thought for a long time now that global warming was cult, and not based on scientific fact. It's time these charlatans had their funding revoked.

Lets hope more people wise up to the cult of obama-the-crony-in-chief soon, coz he is buying into all this Al Gore phony nonsense, as is Gordon Brown.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Global Warming exposed as sham

Postby Kevin Mc » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:30 pm

I remember in the 70's when I was a kid, they were talking about an ice age that was coming.

Then it became global warming, until we started having cooler years again.

That's why they're now calling it Climate Change. The climate will always change, which is why they'll always be able to tax us on it.

IMHO it is arrogant of Governments and Scientists to come to the conclusion that this is man made. How are they to know what the climate was like here millions of years ago. How therefore can they state that today's weather is out of the ordinary.

There was a big storm in 1759 in South Western Nova Scotia (randomly Googled storm). Was that caused by man-made global warming / climate change? Did they ship over 1000 galleons full of flatulent cows that produced the extra CO2 and caused the storms? :roll:

I doubt anyone will know for sure what the real effect is during our lifetimes. In the meantime, I doubt they will stop taxing us on it.
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bobh » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:58 pm

i don't buy into this Global Warming theory either. I think nature comes in cycles, be it hundred of years or thousands, I also think governments' and businesses buy into this on the premise of getting more money in the way of so called taxes. Aye right.

It's a fad and if governments and buisnesses don't buy into it then it can appear that they don't care. So it suits them to care and then tax.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Tom B » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:07 am

Are you 100% sure?
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr.Everready » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:54 am

Are you ? :wink:
Mr.Everready
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Tom B » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:35 am

Mr.Everready wrote:Are you ? :wink:

no - I don't think anyone can be 100% sure either way. Better to assume there might be a risk though, and try and do something?

What I am certain about is that in the next 40 years population is forecast to grow to 9 billion, and it's going to be literally 'hell on earth' unless we do something radically different.
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby WC1 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:09 am

Kevin Mc said

That's why they're now calling it Climate Change. The climate will always change, which is why they'll always be able to tax us on it.

There does seem to be an overwhelming body of scientific opinion that holds that the changes now being observed - and measured - can't be explained by natural factors alone.
WC1
WC1
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby gizmo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:40 am

There was ovewhelming scientific evidence for the predicted ice-age when I was at school. The same scientists predicted that AIDS would affect every family in the land by the year 2000, Avian flu would have taken care of a fair chunk of the rest and the Millenium bug should have mopped up the remainder. Good news doesn't sell papers, it appears it doesn't do research funding any good either.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby £3.73 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:42 pm

and these climate emails will, of course, be totally unlinked to the sackings/mass resignations among the scientists at the Drug Advisory Board?

The reason given by the scientists there being that their positions were untenable as they were being asked to provide scientific evidence backing up proposed legislation !

And that's all I have to say about that ...
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sweltered » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:48 am

Tom B wrote:
Mr.Everready wrote:Are you ? :wink:

no - I don't think anyone can be 100% sure either way. Better to assume there might be a risk though, and try and do something?

What I am certain about is that in the next 40 years population is forecast to grow to 9 billion, and it's going to be literally 'hell on earth' unless we do something radically different.

I fully support anyone who recycles, tries to cut down emissions etc. BUT I don't believe in man made global warming, but I do have a big bag of carbon credits for sale , please make cheques out to the usual. I keep them on a shelf beside my magic beans.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:25 am

Even the recycling programmes have a few glitches. I am led to believe that green glass is rarely if ever recycled. It has been sent by container ship to Chile where it is used as hardcore on road buiding. Consignments of recycled paper including local government paper waste have been found in landfill sites in India. Surely not environmentally friendly practices. Not really interested in your credits, but what do you want for the beans? :lol:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:26 pm

gizmo wrote:Even the recycling programmes have a few glitches. I am led to believe that green glass is rarely if ever recycled. It has been sent by container ship to Chile where it is used as hardcore on road buiding. Consignments of recycled paper including local government paper waste have been found in landfill sites in India. Surely not environmentally friendly practices. Not really interested in your credits, but what do you want for the beans? :lol:

Broken bottles for road building?..Whatever are the tyres made of over there? :shock:
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Hardcore Rog.. Hardcore. Nothing to do with under the counter books. Crushed and rolled and used as a base to build the road on.. :roll:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:54 pm

Sorry!Minor attempt at humour.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bitter End » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Nae change ther then !
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Current Affairs