Global Warming exposed as sham

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Global Warming exposed as sham

Postby SBpete » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

it is a good job we have global warming. Can you imagine what it would be like without it.

or maybe this is us losing the gulf stream (one possible effect of melting ice caps due to global warming) and this is the just the start weather we can expect from now on, remember we are on the same latitude as Moscow & Hudson Bay
SBpete
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby westport321 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:25 pm

I have been looking into a way to make money on this by selling my carbon credits, big Corps can do it why not me....
So who is going to make money at this game?????????
Head Scientist, Dept of Mad Scientists
westport321
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sweltered » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:19 pm

westport321 wrote:I have been looking into a way to make money on this by selling my carbon credits, big Corps can do it why not me....
So who is going to make money at this game?????????

Not surprisingly, Al Gore is making money hand over fist from GW interests. :roll:
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Climate change chief says sorry for hot air claim over melting glaciers
By David Derbyshire
Last updated at 10:21 AM on 22nd January 2010
Comments (21) Add to My Stories The head of the UN's climate change body has been forced to make a humiliating apology over claims the Himalayan glaciers could vanish within 25 years.

Last week it emerged there was no evidence for the warning from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

After a global outcry, Dr Rajendra Pachauri - chairman of the IPCC - has issued an unprecedented apology.

Vanishing? The beauty of a glacier
The alarmist claim appeared two years ago in an influential report. At the time the IPCC insisted the document contained the latest and most detailed evidence yet of the risks of man-made climate change.

Dr Pachauri even dismissed the report's detractors for using 'voodoo science'.

But in fact the claim was originally made by scientist Syed Hasnain, from Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi, who has since admitted the comment was 'pure speculation'.

Dr Pachauri said in a statement: 'In drafting the paragraph in question, the clear and well-established standards of evidence, required by the IPCC procedures, were not applied properly.

'The chair, vice-chairs, and co-chairs of the IPCC regret the poor application of well-established IPCC procedures in this instance.'

The apology is a major blow to the IPCC which was set up to provide political leaders with clear, independent advice on climate change.

It follows the 'Climategate' email row in which scientists at the University of East Anglia appeared to have manipulated data to strengthen the case for

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0dMwTUsdQ

I dont want to say I told you so, but. :D
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:45 pm

So, the IPCC report contained a mistake – scientists are human, scientific research, like all human activities, is not perfect and mistakes are perfectly understandable given the magnitude of the task in compiling such a report. And they did acknowledge their mistake which disproves the idea of some sort of huge scam that is supposed to be behind it. Nevertheless, isn’t the overall position of the science still clear?
Too many people are so desperate to believe GW isn't real they'll grasp any straw
To be honest, I am sceptic of some of the causes of climate change but neither am I in denial. I’m all for addressing our ecological footprint, our over-consumption of natural resources and exploitation of the poor - I'm just not convinced that addressing our carbon footprint is the only way to go. But one mistake in a report isn't going to make me believe we are not contributing to GW either.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:12 am

If you read my previous posts on the subject you will find I hold a similar position. At no stage did I say global warming doesnt exist, I really dont know. I hope above hope it is cyclical, which is a real possibility as well. My gripe is with the 'experts' who supposedly 'know' everything and indeed with those who swallow everything they are told. Apparently anyone who doesnt jump on the bandwagon is denying science, but if the science isnt researched properly it isnt worth much is it.
Dr Pachauri is often presented as a scientist (he was even once described by the BBC as “the world’s top climate scientist”), as a former railway engineer with a PhD in economics he has no qualifications in climate science at all.
This doctor is apparently a mover and shaker in the carbon credit business, no conflict of interest there then :roll: .
Again, I repeat, I dont know if global warming is man-made or not, I am not clever enough to say what needs to be done however I am not daft enough to believe everything I am told either.
The NHS is still pushing Tamiflu as we have several million doses to get rid of. The experts told us we could have up to half a million dead folk clogging up the place by now, turned out they made a bit of a mistake. Although a few of them made a few bob selling Tamiflu to us.
At midnight on 31/12/1999 the entire nation was expecting their computers to crash, planes were supposed to fall from the sky and we were going to be transported back to the dark ages. What happened, sod all (thankfully). However at that second the Millenium bug experts were busy toasting their success in finest Krug and planning their next campaign.
Rumour has it one of them noticed the lack of ice, and said.............. :D
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:15 am

gizmo wrote:If you read my previous posts on the subject you will find I hold a similar position. At no stage did I say global warming doesnt exist, I really dont know.

Yes, I did realise that Gizmo, I wasn't having a pop at anyone other than the folk who are in denial and will see this mistake as evidence. Certainly not you.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sweltered » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:39 pm

Govangirl wrote:
gizmo wrote:If you read my previous posts on the subject you will find I hold a similar position. At no stage did I say global warming doesnt exist, I really dont know.

Yes, I did realise that Gizmo, I wasn't having a pop at anyone other than the folk who are in denial and will see this mistake as evidence. Certainly not you.

Why are only the naysayers "grasping at straws". From the reports I've read, it seems that the proponents of GW are the ones who are publishing bogus studies and information. Anything in fact to further their beliefs (not necessarily truths, but beliefs) Sound familiar (pick a religion, any religion)? The world may be in a warming phase, but I'm very skeptical that mankind has much to do with it.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kevin Mc » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:51 am

As I heard someone saying recently of the cold snap - "Thank God we have Global Warming - imagine how cold it would have been without it!" :D :D
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to Current Affairs