The Sky's The Limit

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: The Sky's The Limit

Postby hugh » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:38 pm

ionnsaigh wrote: The man who is now Pope failed to take any moral high ground

He was twelve years old. What did you do do at the age of 12 that we can all take a moral lesson from? :D
hugh
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ionnsaigh » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:09 pm

By the time I was Twelve - I had been excommunicated - threatened with eternal damnation - and had my first inside toilet. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby £3.73 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:09 pm

Ionns, all you ever do is try and tap into the Scottish west coast, Iam a catholic, I am a protestant bias.
Whats the point of that ?

Every current affair can't be reduced down to whatever personal baggage you have to bear in this life.

And I don't mean that badly ... but stop shooting for the lowest common denominator and start thinking outside the box.
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby hugh » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:23 pm

If you choose to see the worst side of everything, well,....basically,...that's all you'll ever see. :D
hugh
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ionnsaigh » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:57 pm

£3.73 wrote:Ionns, all you ever do is try and tap into the Scottish west coast, Iam a catholic, I am a protestant bias.
Whats the point of that ?
The grain of the wood is cast in the seed. :D

hugh wrote:If you choose to see the worst side of everything, well,....basically,...that's all you'll ever see. :D

Gonnae stoap pittin that annoying :D efter everthin ya say man . :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby £3.73 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:54 am

Ionn's, if the world was going to hell in a handcart, and it was just about to get a lot worse, and someone was trying to alert his community to just how much worse that was, so they might at least try and help themselves ... would you still be posting about Castro's sister or the Pope ? Wherever you are with your own personal demons, I wish you well .... but right now ... it's not the most community minded of things to be posting ..... thats all Im saying.

I'm primarily interested in what's going on in the world, and how it affects the people of Campbeltown/Kintyre.

We're not fallen out, I'm just asking a fair question.
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby hoochykoochy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:47 pm

£3.73 wrote:I'm primarily interested in what's going on in the world, and how it affects the people of Campbeltown/Kintyre.

I'm not dragging out this argument. Just wanted to point out the relevance of the original question to local people, 'cos somehow we went from Halloween, to WWII, personal insults, etc.

1. Halloween was last week, so the religious questionmarks over the event are a reminder of our past and an education to the local children who think Halloween and other pagan rituals are about getting sweeties and having a good time. Not that many of them come on here mind you!

2. Rememberence Sunday is just around the corner. That is why we are seeing alot about the Nazi's and the war right now. That is relevant to everyone!

3. The Pope has a planned visit to England next year and there is also a concurrent deabte running about whether or not the R.C.C. should appoint female bishops! It is always right for the people of Kintyre to discuss the capability of world figure to carry out his duty in a balanced manner, particularily when the R.C.C. still have a massive say in the committee rooms of Westminster and Holyrood!

And specially for the man who loves smileys....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :wink:
hoochykoochy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby blueboyno1 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:58 pm

My gosh ,some of you will never learn to just read ionnsaigh's posts and dont comment .The guy is a pure wind up artist and gets great pleasure from starting all these so called discussions .As long as you bite then he will throw the bait . His very name IONNSAIGH is Scottish Gaelic and means Attack,Asault,Charge and SHOCK .Does that not tell you anything.

Working well ionns :lol:
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ionnsaigh » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:15 pm

£3.73 wrote:would you still be posting about Castro's sister or the Pope ? Wherever you are with your own personal demons, I wish you well .... but right now ... it's not the most community minded of things to be posting ....
£3.73 wrote:Every current affair can't be reduced down to whatever personal baggage you have to bear in this life.

Personal demons and personal baggage apart ( they only serve to distract )

Castro's sister was the particular subject - within the broader and more general discussion - regarding a Communist Island Cuba - and the Capitalist Kintyre Peninsula. Both have more in common - than most would give credit too. Fishing and Agriculture Industries - although it appears Cuba's industries - are considerably healthier than Kintyre's - despite the economic sanctions and the fall of the Comintern. I would hazard a guess that Kintyre and Cuba are roughly equal in proportional size ( I may be wrong )
So what happened to dear Kintyre ? ( I love every inch of this country Scotland ) On a purely physical level Cuba and Kintyre are linked by the Gulf Stream ( Those palm trees are a wee gift fae Cuba )

The Pope is the spiritual leader of all of Kintyre's Catholics - so I guess his past would be of some interest to Catholics in Kintyre - and those who have a general interest in Theology. Most of my criticism of the Catholic Church - stems from past experience - only manners prevent me from criticising The Church Of Scotland. As an Atheist, I treat all religion as being Supernatural. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:39 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:By the time I was Twelve - I had been excommunicated - threatened with eternal damnation - and had my first inside toilet. :D

Just a normal quiet start then.(Apart from the toilet bit). :D
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Current Affairs