Cervical Cancer Jab alert

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Cervical Cancer Jab alert

Postby amron » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:48 pm

Sad news that a young girl has died after her jab.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8279855.stm
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Cervical Cancer Jab alert

Postby katya » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:35 pm

It is extremely sad indeed.
However the actual cause of death is still to be established. All the media reporting on the case (that I have heard) have more or less said she died as a result of having the vaccine.
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby amron » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:32 pm

katya wrote:It is extremely sad indeed.
However the actual cause of death is still to be established. All the media reporting on the case (that I have heard) have more or less said she died as a result of having the vaccine.

Really sad if it was a direct reation to the vaccine as you are giving consent for your child to have the injection to help prevent developing cervical cancer in later years..
It didnt say if was the girls 1st jab as they get 3 jabs over quite a short period...
Reading the news article there seems to have been quite a few bad reactions...
my daughter had her 1st jab last week and was ok her arm was sore for a while... next jab Nov and then Jan... its always a worry when your child has had injections..and you can not tell if they are allergic to something until they have had it :(
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby bill » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:20 pm

The preliminary postmortem examination has revealed the girl had"a serious underlying medical condition".The local health authorities have stressed that further tests needed to be carried out to establish how Natalie Morton died, they said the (HPV) vaccine was "most unlikely" to have been the cause of her death.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:38 am

I don't agree with the shots and I would not allow it to be given to my daughters.

In the US, there will be 4000 deaths from cervical cancer compared to 40,000 from breast cancer. Cervical cancer is more preventable and more curable than breast cancer.

"This disease is almost 100 percent curable when it is diagnosed in its early stages and treated promptly."
http://www.healthsquare.com/fgwh/wh1ch38.htm

Does it make sense to cut off the breasts of young women because they might be one of those 40,000 women some day? Probably a lot safer and makes no more sense than injecting young daughters with questionable substances when we don't even know the long-term effects.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:06 am

bill wrote:The preliminary postmortem examination has revealed the girl had"a serious underlying medical condition".The local health authorities have stressed that further tests needed to be carried out to establish how Natalie Morton died, they said the (HPV) vaccine was "most unlikely" to have been the cause of her death.

If this is indeed the case then surely every child should have a full health check before being vaccinated .
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Mr.Everready » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:04 pm

The vacine had nothing to do with the death so why should they need a health check before it ?
Mr.Everready
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby blueboyno1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Mr.Everready wrote:The vacine had nothing to do with the death so why should they need a health check before it ?

I would have thought if the girl had underlying health issues then a check would have made common sense .And if it was not known she had underlying health issues the only way to have found out is to have checked .These young women are going to be terrified by this now ,it's going to be like russian roulette for them.

But hey the vaccine had nothing to do with her death .Well if that is the case then why did they destroy the batch that the young girl was given

.Bit like saying the accused was not guilty but we hung him just the same.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:55 pm

According to the Guardian:

"Opening and adjourning the inquest at Coventry magistrates court, she said: "It appears that Natalie died from a tumour in her chest involving her heart and her lungs." The condition, it is understood, had become progressively disabling.

The inquest heard that the tumour had "heavily infiltrated" her heart and extended into her left lung. The Home Office pathologist, Alexander Kolar, explained to the hearing that Natalie's condition was "so severe that death could have arisen at any point". He gave the official preliminary cause of death as tumour of the chest, type to be diagnosed."

:shock: :shock:

I'm sorry, I just don't get it. Her condition was so severe she could have died at any point, but they want to protect her from something that the chances of her dying from are miniscule if she has safe sex, gets pap smears regularly, and has taken care of as soon as there is a problem? But they want to jab her with something that they don't know the long-term effects from, that others have died from?

I'm telling you, the world is crazy.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby History » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:24 pm

You get the Guardian in Texas :shock: Wow
History
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Malky » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:39 pm

Bobbie En Tejas wrote: ....but they want to protect her from something that the chances of her dying from are miniscule if she has safe sex, gets pap smears regularly, and has taken care of as soon as there is a problem?

There are around 2,800 cases of cervical cancer diagnosed in the UK every year. and just over 1000 deaths. That doesn't seem minuscule to me. Also many young women don't get regular smears so can miss out on early diagnosis which is why so many still die. I personally think the vaccine is a good thing.
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:52 pm

History wrote:You get the Guardian in Texas :shock: Wow

Perhaps Bobbie was reading the online version at http://www.guardian.co.uk. It also has a very good US section at http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/usa.

blueboyno1 wrote:But hey the vaccine had nothing to do with her death .Well if that is the case then why did they destroy the batch that the young girl was given

I thought they just took it out of circulation :?
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:58 pm

It was on the news yestyerday that it was destroyed.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sweltered » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Malky wrote:
Bobbie En Tejas wrote: ....but they want to protect her from something that the chances of her dying from are miniscule if she has safe sex, gets pap smears regularly, and has taken care of as soon as there is a problem?

There are around 2,800 cases of cervical cancer diagnosed in the UK every year. and just over 1000 deaths. That doesn't seem minuscule to me. Also many young women don't get regular smears so can miss out on early diagnosis which is why so many still die. I personally think the vaccine is a good thing.

I'm with Bobby, Educate don't vaccinate. There is little evidence that this vaccine works and it is only aimed at SOME of the causes. Screenings are likely to go down because of vaccination (in my opinion), as inflated assumptions about the vaccine are made.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Young girls are very un-educated on smears and why women have them, and the possible complications and undetected illness and serious implications that may lie. And this injection is a small way to protect them from this.

I would rather my 11 year old when she reaches the age has the injection and has a better chance of protection than others who don't. SOME of the causes are better than none. If you had the chance of something that may better your chance , would you not take it?
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Next

Return to Current Affairs