The Current Political Shambles

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

The Current Political Shambles

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:40 pm

I don't know where to start! The Tories are currently winning by default - council election results confirm that the Labour vote is collapsing and the Conservatives are generally reaping the reward. It's a tragedy that a party founded on the rights of the working man and unfair advantage should come to represent what I see as worst aspects imaginable of capitalism.

It seems this bunch couldn't govern a back street midden: their vanity, treachery, greed and total lack of concern for the people of this country is a downright bluddy disgrace. Nevertheless, I think I'm probably the only one who stubbornly believes that Labour can still salvage something of dignified government from the wreckage of all this - but there doesn't seem to be any attempt to regain a smidgen of collective composure and start addressing the electorate instead of itself! :(

I couldn't believe what I was reading this morning - in the middle of this disaster, good old Gordon still found time to name Sir Alan Sugar his new "enterprise tsar". He's given a peerage to this sexist celebrity? :twisted: You couldn't make it up! I cannot imagine a more suitable example of the old, NuLabour, discredited policy!!!!! Are they planning to have weekly 'Apprentice-style' tasks to find a new Crappentice Leader? We could televise it to watch SurAlan splitting those that want Brown's job into two teams: called 'SPIN' and 'MENDACITY'. Each week he can set them tasks - like who can best wreck the remains of the manufacturing and finance sectors, or flog a publicly owned asset to someone for a knock-down price. Week by week, we get to witness the shifting allegiances and back-biting, until by the time we get to the final we have a new leader of the Labour Party - absolutely useless in the real world, of course, and despised by all but hey, it would save all of us a lot of time.

And how is an immediate general election going to solve anything? All we'll get is just one incompetent government replaced by another. We need someone to come up with a credible plan for the future and to come up with a radical reform of our whole political system to restore its credibility - not just expenses, but the way Parliament is elected. I'd get rid of the House of Lords as a start and replace it with a second chamber that is elected .

But more than anything - worse, I think, than the greed and immorality of the MPs, are the attempts by the media to destroy Brown this week. I've felt sickened by the whole disgusting spectacle of these ALSO overpaid hacks wildly grubbing about like a pack of old fishwives looking for tittle tattle and rumours and gossip.

Rant over and I know it's useless, nobody seems to care. :roll:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: The Current Political Shambles

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:05 pm

Superb post Govan Girl.I had steam coming out of me screen! :lol:
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:15 pm

LR I swear I was trying to be optimistic and I cut out half of what I said in the original post I was writing. I can't believe the state of crisis we're in and the utter lack of any direction. I watched in dismay last night the reporting of the D-Day commemoration (you know, that French/Hollywood production?) and wondered what those veterans thought of our democracy, the one they fought for, today? Do they think the blood of their comrades was worth it? The sight of them, frail but dignified, was THE real expression of British values. Once again, our MPs should hang their heads in shame. I'm totally shocked and confused at this country's apathy at the moment. :@
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:20 pm

sorry mary doll but the pm has only himself to blame,if i remember he was at the helm for the past few years.
the hacks may be overpaid but at least they are not using our money.
remember it was down to old fashioned hackery that we first discovered those tossers were spending our money like it was going out of fashion.
ps i like it when you get mad. :@
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:55 pm

four eyes wrote:the hacks may be overpaid but at least they are not using our money.

I was referring to the media in general and the bluddy BBC ARE using our money! They have grubbed around like all the others and look how THEY spend millions on paying the likes of Jonathan Ross (and I actually like him btw - just no way should our money pay his obscene pay).

And yes, you're right, he was at the helm for all this time and was flaming useless but his merry band were just as despicable. I like analogies. To me, we had this deluded individual whose firm faith in his absolute skill was immune to change even though he had limited and previous negative experience on the roads.This man, ignoring all reasonable argument, takes a job as a bus driver on a particularly dangerous route.
The bus arrives at the pick up point and the whole Parliamentary Labour Party choose to board this particular bus. A couple of Cabinet Ministers sit directly behind the driver and whenever the bus comes close to disaster, try to wrestle the wheel from the driver or kick him in the back. Meanwhile all the other passengers complain,shout and curse and distract the driver as much as possible.

four eyes wrote:ps i like it when you get mad. :@

I only do it to turn Pete Reek on! :lol: :lol:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs