Gardening Rant

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Gardening Rant

Postby EMDEE » Sun May 31, 2009 6:04 pm

We were out in the garden today doing some much needed weeding. It was a fine day if a bit hot for the physical work.

It was spoiled by some idiot in a garden about 100 yards away playing Radio 1 as loud as it would go and annoying the whole neighbourhood. :evil: :evil:

If I wanted to listen to the inane chat of a DJ and the type of stuff that is played on Radio 1 I would have it on in the house.

Why do some people assume that on a day like this everyone in the vicinity wants to listen to their choice of "music". :?:

It crossed my mind to take my son's equipment down from his bedroom (lot lot louder than what they were using), putting on BBC Radio Scotland, and blasting out "The Reel Blend" with Robbie Shepherd, and shouting over to them "Get it roon ye"! :lol:

But I'm too quiet and retiring for that. :roll: Nice idea though!

I wonder how they would like that? :?

Better stop here, I'm starting to sound like Victor Meldrew. :<>
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Gardening Rant

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun May 31, 2009 6:20 pm

Got to bed around 1-30AM - I opened the bedroom window as it was so warm. There was a party in full swing across the back somewhere - men and woman's voices could be clearly heard above the peace. After an uncomfortable hour I drifted off to sleep - awoken at 4-30AM - party in full swing. Give me Radio Bla Bla on a Sunday afternoon any day. In saying that I'm sure it's relative to circumstances - and EMDEE found it to be as equally disturbing. How selfish can some people be ?
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Gardening Rant

Postby EMDEE » Sun May 31, 2009 6:28 pm

We've had the "across the street parties" loads of times. It would help if you were invited sometimes. :lol: :lol:
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs