What's your favourite rant ?

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: What's your favourite rant ?

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:40 pm

I have just spent the last ten days travelling up and returning from Scotland where I spent a lovely, as usual, week on Islay. However, there were a few things that really made me see red and so sorry but I’m going to have to get them off my chest.
Okay, in recognition of Spandau getting back together, here’s "Rant No.1 (I Don't Need This Pressure On)" :lol:

Rant number one: Eating places along the motorway. These greedy parasites need to be locked up for a week with only their own revolting food to eat. The inflated ‘ha ha we’ve got you and there’s nowhere else to buy it’ prices are scandalous. What really annoys me are the famous burger eateries that double their prices just because they’re fifty yards from a motorway! :evil:

Rant number two: How did we get to accept this ‘cafe culture’ stupidity? I spent a week going in for cuppas that only cost between 60p and £1.30 and was getting used to it. On the motorway today a black coffee cost £2.80 in Costa Coffee!!!!!!!!!! Who are these pirates of the coffee bean world? How much is a teabag or a spoonful of coffee? In general, these pretentious coffee houses annoy me, particularly those folk that stand in a queue for 30 minutes and then don’t know what they want when they reach the till and also the rude assistants called ‘baristas’ and their cheek in having a cup by the till full of their own money (aye son, I’m going to let you rip me off more by throwing a pound in your cup for pouring me a cup of £3 coffee, get real). But worst of all is their stupid sizes – I refuse to ask for anything other than small, medium or large but the wee boorish baristas don’t like that. They prefer ‘tall, grande and venti’. What the . . . I’m in THIS country but I have to use this language! For a start, grande means large so why is the middle??? And have you seen the prices in London for an hour’s internet access? I might start advertising outside my house for people to come in and use my laptop for an hour and bleed them dry offering drinks and I too could be a millionaire in a month! No, make that a week as I’ve just remembered I can charge £2.40 for ONE muffin! :shock:

Rant number three: The basic loss of the now extinct good manners. Why is everyone so rude in shops these days? I like to have a wee chat with everybody (and not just because it embarrasses my children) but it seems these days they can’t be bothered to engage with you. They’re far too busy on i-pods, having a chat with their workmates or reading magazines – yes, all of which I’ve experienced this week. Believe me, my weans were far more embarrassed at me asking loudly of the wee surly madams, “Am I invisible?” I do try to remind myself that I too would probably have a face like a sheep’s erse if I had to serve Mr and Mrs Public all day for a living but if I went about my job with such apathy, I’d be fired on the spot. Hello, who’s the customer here? :@

I could go on although I won’t bore you but finally, here is my last rant: Lost Island hospitality. For the last 17 years, I have visited Islay every year bar two. The friendliness of the people has always been one of the enchantments but it is surely waning. Our worst experiences were in two of the island’s hotels. Never have I experienced such downright bluddy rudeness. I can’t even talk about it as I’m too traumatised. :shock:

Rants over . . . for now :lol:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Excellent go on girl - name an shame. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Lossit Lass » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:57 pm

Govangirl wrote:in recognition of Spandau getting back together

:shock: W H A T :!:

:mrgreen:
Suppose they held a war and nobody came?
Lossit Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Malky » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:58 pm

You sound like my wife Govangirl. :D She hates bad manners and starts to talk very loudly to people who ignore her in shops or even worse, shop assistants who are rude :shock:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:54 pm

1. Rude Solicitors
2. Doctors
3. Senior Social Workers
4. School Teachers
5. Dentists
6. Pharmacists

The Middle Classes :lol:
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Last visited:
Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:59 pm
Total posts:
2618 | Show your posts
(2.66 posts per day / 3.24% of all posts)
Most active forum:
Speakers Corner
(1453 Posts / 55.50% of your posts)
Most active topic:
The Kintyre Forum Poem ( First line)
(272 Posts / 10.39% of your posts)
Your warning level:
[1]

A yellow card usually means booked, with the sanction of being sent off for another offense during the match - how long does my yellow card , last for ? :lol:
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:16 pm

Lossit Lass wrote:

Oh yes, LL!! They are on tour later this year and have had to add lots of extra dates as demand has been so high - so better get those New Romantic outfits out of your wardrobe, hen!!!!! :lol:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:23 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:1. Rude Solicitors
2. Doctors
3. Senior Social Workers
4. School Teachers
5. Dentists
6. Pharmacists

Whit? :!: What would you do without most of these or did you mean the 'rude' in front of all of them? In which case, ANY profession is surely worthy of a rant if they're rude? And if you just meant all of them, rude or not, then I have to ask: Is there any group of people you actually LIKE Ionns? :wink:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby hugh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Aye. And what was your problem with Bob Dylan, who figured on your original lists? :shock: :lol:
hugh
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Malky wrote:You sound like my wife Govangirl. :D She hates bad manners and starts to talk very loudly to people who ignore her in shops or even worse, shop assistants who are rude :shock:

Malky

Well, they're getting worse in my opinion. Two weeks ago, I was being 'served' in Boots the chemists and I had to stand there and listen to the two girls chewing gum and having a long conversation about what happened the previous night in the nightclub. After learning all about what 'Tasha did in the toilets with Gavin they looked at me like I came from another planet when I told them the amount was wrong. Then I learned it couldn't possibly be wrong because 'the till said it' - duh! They sneered and laughed when I informed them it was probably because they were chatting instead of concentrating. Now Mother Theresa I am NOT when faced with these circumstances so I asked to see the manager.
I'm not kidding when I describe who came ten minutes later. This plainer look-a-like version of Peter Andre, who was obviously under the delusion that he was Don Johnson from Miami Vice, explained to me that 'further training would take place' although he winked that many times I seriously suspected that he had tourette's syndrome! It was really surreal and the sad fact was that it seemed to be just accepted that it was the kind of service we should expect these days.
Still, not as long as there's people like me and Malky's wife, it won't!!!!!! :lol:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:09 pm

hugh wrote:Aye. And what was your problem with Bob Dylan, who figured on your original lists? :shock: :lol:

Bluddy Philistine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Or are they on your list too? :?
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:46 pm

GG, great rants. BUT Spandou Ballet. Come on! My disco days in Glesga-ah the Savoy Disco. Never left without getting a burd.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bobh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:48 pm

Agree with Ionns, (what)I'm joking! Name and shame girl.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:55 pm

Bobh wrote: BUT Spandou Ballet. Come on! My disco days in Glesga-ah the Savoy Disco. Never left without getting a burd.

Oh yes, Spandau Ballet! You would have picked up many a fine fowl to the dulcit tones of Spandau, I can bet. Great stuff!!!!

Bobh wrote:Agree with Ionns, (what)I'm joking! Name and shame girl.

Well, they deserve to be named but I might be naming somebody's relatives or something! Then I'll get a yellow card too! :( Am I allowed to name?
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Lossit Lass » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:44 am

Govangirl wrote:
Lossit Lass wrote:

Oh yes, LL!! They are on tour later this year and have had to add lots of extra dates as demand has been so high - so better get those New Romantic outfits out of your wardrobe, hen!!!!! :lol:

wow. who's next? Ultravox?! oh, wait...
Suppose they held a war and nobody came?
Lossit Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs