Jade Goody

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Jade Goody

Postby daftdog » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Some people seem to have grasped the meaning in the post i made and are correct in their interpretation of what i meant. OTHERS just seem to read everything as it is personally written to them. If i am making a post personal to you GG i'll bloody say so.

GG, if you read my post again and i suggest you do read it until it sinks in, you will see its not censorship. I was just saying, if you come on here and have a laugh at the expense of a woman who just passed away and left two young children without a mother, then don't, as it reflects badly upon the residents of Kintyre. Readers don't care where the poster comes from, they just read Kintyre.

Anyone with any common sense will have read that.

Govangirl wrote: As I say, folk are entitled to their opinions.

Just for you hen, my own personal opinion :wink:
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby numberplease » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:48 pm

Up until now I have avoided this topic, bearing in mind the adage "if you can`t say owt good, say nowt", but I do think that it is so sad that those 2 little boys have lost their mum on this day of all days.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:57 pm

daftdog, I was actually responding to the post made by Sheik so after reading your wee diatribe the words 'hoisted' and 'own petard' spring to mind. Jeez, I was only stating my opinion. I'm obviously too thick to understand your 'meaning' so does that mean I shouldn't post? I was merely stating that people had different opinions to others and they should be entitled to post them.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:03 pm

For you hen - Dictionary definition of patronising: characteristic of those who treat others with condescension
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Jade Goody dies after cancer battle

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:05 pm

daftdog wrote:Jade Goody has died in her sleep following a public battle with cancer, her publicist Max Clifford said.

Hopefully there will not be any stupid comments made about her passing. After all, it is a public forum and it represents an area that means something to many people. Comments posted on the Kintyre Forum are viewed by readers outside the area as the opinion of residents of the area.

I'm all for personal opinions, but not about the death of someone. It doesn't matter what your opinion of someone is, after a death, respect must be shown, so if nothing nice to say, best to shut up.

You know DD when I read your posts I thought .. well said and I hoped everyone would have had the respect to respect what you said ... sad really :evil:

daftdog wrote:
Some people seem to have grasped the meaning in the post i made and are correct in their interpretation of what i meant. OTHERS just seem to read everything as it is personally written to them. If i am making a post personal to you GG i'll bloody say so.

GG, if you read my post again and i suggest you do read it until it sinks in, you will see its not censorship. I was just saying, if you come on here and have a laugh at the expense of a woman who just passed away and left two young children without a mother, then don't, as it reflects badly upon the residents of Kintyre. Readers don't care where the poster comes from, they just read Kintyre.

Anyone with any common sense will have read that.

Just for you hen, my own personal opinion :wink:

Its days like this that bring sad memories back to others who have lost loved ones to the dreadful disease . My thoughts are with Jade's family especially her two wee boys. :(
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:38 pm

daftdog wrote: I was just saying, if you come on here and have a laugh at the expense of a woman who just passed away and left two young children without a mother, then don't, as it reflects badly upon the residents of Kintyre.

This is my last post on this but I won't allow you to accuse wrongly. For the record, I never once came on here and had a laugh at anyone's expense so that's just sheer stupidity. As the rest of the rubbish, it's just not worth it, I give up.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:37 pm

I concur with Jock The Boat actually, I don't think anyone would have written anything until Daftdog's post. That came across as an invitation to post mince. Hopefully the girl in question is at peace now anyway.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby £3.73 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Well, even if she's not at peace, she'll no doubt be in every tabloid for a week .... HELLO, OK & a load of other publications. :wink:

I obviously never knew her personally, & I don't really care much about her career or talent, or lack of talent.
It's sad to see a fellow human being succumb to such a dreadful illness at a young age.
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby blueboyno1 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

Why dont we all wish the poor young woman BON VOYAGE and let her rest in peace .
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby bill » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:05 am

dalintober lad wrote:

Of course everyone is ENTITLED to an opinion. Whether that opinion counts for anything is another matter .

A piece of advice I was given by my father.

"Opinions are like ar**holes - everyone has one".
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:44 am

R.I.P.Jade Goody and this thread.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:48 pm

I have always tended to skip over any mention of Jade Goody,but must admit I was taken aback to read the following statement in todays press.

"she ignored the two follow-up letters from her cervical screening. If she had not, there is a very good chance that she would have lived, that none of this would have happened. "
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:32 pm

She is not the first person who buried their head in the sand when told they were ill ,nor will she be the last.She has paid the ultimate price for that .By doing that she has done more to promote the awareness of this terrible desease than any sort of goverment campaign would ever have done .There is no doubt in my mind that what has happened to her and all the media coverage ecause of it will indeed help to save lives in the future.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Mod6 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Topic has been locked before it gets out of hand.
Mod6
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Current Affairs