Israel

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Israel

Postby blueboyno1 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:18 pm

giantredwood wrote:This is proof, if proof were needed, that there is no point in talking to a terrorist organisation. Hamas' stated reason for existence is the destruction of Israel, nothing else, and because the complete destruction and annihilation of Israel is unlikely it can only mean that while Hamas is in power then there will be unending conflict with Israel. Because of the overwhelming military superiority of the Israelis that in turn means more and more suffering and bloodshed in Gaza which perversely suits Hamas as they try to stir up their Arab neighbours against Israel.

I don't wish to see any more carnage in Gaza but if you elect a terrorist organisation then it can only mean one thing. At the end of the day you reap what you sow!!

Well said.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:44 pm

blueboyno1 wrote:
giantredwood wrote:This is proof, if proof were needed, that there is no point in talking to a terrorist organisation. Hamas' stated reason for existence is the destruction of Israel, nothing else, and because the complete destruction and annihilation of Israel is unlikely it can only mean that while Hamas is in power then there will be unending conflict with Israel. Because of the overwhelming military superiority of the Israelis that in turn means more and more suffering and bloodshed in Gaza which perversely suits Hamas as they try to stir up their Arab neighbours against Israel.

I don't wish to see any more carnage in Gaza but if you elect a terrorist organisation then it can only mean one thing. At the end of the day you reap what you sow!!

Well said.

:lol:
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:52 pm

Whats so funny .
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bitter End » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 am

Weel weel noo -- this threed quiet too

Who does Israel belong to ?

At the UN An ingenious example of speech and politics occurred recently in the United Nations Assembly and made the world community smile.

A representative from Israel began: 'Before beginning my talk I want to tell you something about Moses. When he struck the rock and it brought forth water, he thought, 'What a good
opportunity to have a bath!'

He removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water. When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished.

A Palestinian had stolen them.' The Palestinian representative jumped up furiously and shouted,
'What are you talking about? The Palestinians weren't there then.'

The Israeli representative smiled and said, 'And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech --
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby king of kilcousland » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:28 pm

I have decided to start my own religion, wont go into the details of it but the basis of it revolves around a stone somewhere in the region of Kilcousland. Therefore I demand that Kilcousland and the surrounding area be cleared of all people who might live there, we can always build some tin huts in the hills for those who are dislpaced, so that me and my people can live on our spiritual land and not be discriminated against.

Sound fair?
How many mothers to cry?
How many sons have to die?
How many missions left to fly over palestine?
king of kilcousland
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby blueboyno1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Bitter End wrote:Weel weel noo -- this threed quiet too

Who does Israel belong to ?

At the UN An ingenious example of speech and politics occurred recently in the United Nations Assembly and made the world community smile.

A representative from Israel began: 'Before beginning my talk I want to tell you something about Moses. When he struck the rock and it brought forth water, he thought, 'What a good
opportunity to have a bath!'

He removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water. When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished.

A Palestinian had stolen them.' The Palestinian representative jumped up furiously and shouted,
'What are you talking about? The Palestinians weren't there then.'

The Israeli representative smiled and said, 'And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech --

:lol: :lol:

Brilliant --Reminds of the time i worked for Mcalpines on the new road from Dunoon to Ardyne .I was the union rep, and when some of my men were complaining about the bonus i asked for a meeting with the management .At the start of the meeting i was asked what was wrong with the bonus and i passed a piece of paper around the room with the word BONFUS written on it .I was asked what it meant and replied BONUS :!: straight away the site agent said there is no effin bonus and i said that exactly what i mean .I got a 10% rise for the men . :)
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to Current Affairs