Brian at the caravan EVICTED!!!!!!!!!!

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Brian at the caravan EVICTED!!!!!!!!!!

Postby esharp25 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:47 pm

Whilst visting my dad the other day I am absolutley disgusted shocked and sad to hear that after all these years that his caravan has been up at tangy by the side of the road he has to move it as its spoiling people's views from houses not long been built there. Many people who pass at the weekends gave him a wee toot and a wave and you'd always see his hand waving back. There is alot of memories there it was a home away from home for my dad if you'd go round to his house on a friday he'd be packing his stuff for his breakfast the next day and in general it was just his thing i mean it is each to their own and he never done anyone any harm except spoil the view. What i don't get is when people get houses built anywhere surley they look around to see whats going to be around them and my dads caravan has been there alot of years and he loves the view also but because people aren't happy he has to go :( my dad is devastated i have never seen him this sad he loved his caravan the views and mainly just looked forward to the weekends up there! There is another caravan further along but its fine it doesn't need to move my dad won't put it anywhere else i just think how sad can people actually be people don't think how others may feel you only live once and its far too short as it is as i only too well now and memories should be treasured!!!!!
Last edited by Board Admin on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spelling in header
esharp25
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Brain at the caravan EVICTED!!!!!!!!!!

Postby rtodd31 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:56 pm

Yeah em it is very shocking he wasn't doing anyone any harm and if thats all people have to worry about then god help the rest of us you and my brother and mum & kids have had great times up there and it was great for the kids in the summer but hey thats what happens when you spoil the view of people having houses built AFTER your dads caravan eh :?

Hope oor Brian cheers up maybe someone will offer to have his wee caravan somewhere that doesn't spoil the view do you know em don't know how many times i've driven up and down that road and not once would i have thought about spoiling their view hmmmm can't be that much of a view anyway theres that many cars and lorries buses tractors all the time passing by :lol:
rtodd31
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby linda_j » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:11 am

I find this very shocking..... surely they must be able to see past the caravan!..... Moron's
linda_j
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby four eyes » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:08 am

kin outrageous,the miserable toads,may a plague be on them.This kind of shit should not be allowed.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ionnsaigh » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:34 am

We have camped on the beach for the last ten years or so - roughly about one hundred and fifty yards from Brian. Long before those two houses where built. Brian would come down in the morning, to say hello at the camp-fire. Long before anyone stirred, he like myself - an early bird. It became something of a comfort - too know that there was a friendly face. As it can get quite remote out there.
I remember the time when he salvaged some of our equipment from the sea - sleeping bags and clothes - he was concerned - as we where nowhere in sight ( White Hart Bar ). He phoned Friend of Dorothy ( who was with us in the bar as usual ) a bit shaken up - thinking we had met an untimely end. He took all our wet stuff home - and dried them out. Thanks mate.
I remember the time - when he dropped off firewood at 7AM - firewood like fresh water is vitality important. I had slept longer than usual that morning (Spanish Brandy the night before) I awoke to hear the sound of Brian - throwing down the heavy bounty. Brian looked after his van and the area surrounding it - he would cut the wild grass - he built a wee fence round his spot. He had a wee box were he would have some wood - more than once he offered it's use to us.
As far as I was aware - that piece of land is owned by a local farmer - apparently Brian had a gentleman's agreement with. There is another couple of vans on the site - they have been there for years and years -like Brian,the occupants are extremely aware - and respectful of the environment. I wonder if they face a similar fate?.
People who live - part time - in an area look after it. Fiona was busy from morning to night - cleaning up that beach - burning everything that could burn - tidying up etc.
I remember both myself and Brian - sharing a beer on the beach - Brian hair and beard long at the time - he looked like a Celtic sage - describing in soft tones - his love for the place. Brian is one of life's true characters - and a proper gentleman
someone that Kintyre and Scotland can be proud of.
So who done the dirty? .
I would willingly add my name to any list that may help right a wrong. Perhaps a group of us - could start a campaign?.
Brian's has a wee sculpture on the rocks - at Seven Mile Stone. It's a pity I can't work this machine properly - I would post some photo's of the offending van - and Brian's artistic talents. That's it - that's the last time I will camp there - after al we only seem to bring the tone of the area down. The caravans along the side of the road only add to the pleasure - they make one realise - the sheer remoteness of the place - try stepping out the car - and walking along a stretch of the road - the difference is remarkable.
I'm Backing Brian
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby £3.73 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:26 am

there are days I feel like a Native American watching the Europeans arriving ....... :(
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby EMDEE » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:11 am

Maybe some of the newspapers might be interested in making an issue out of this story?
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby westport321 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:00 pm

Is it the landowner moving him along or the council, Im up for a protest, bloody" incomers"??? demanding things without thought of anyone but themselves, If natives living in those houses they should be shunned.
Head Scientist, Dept of Mad Scientists
westport321
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby History » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:16 pm

On the face of it the initial poster makes the scenario sound unfair and it may well be but I think we are all sensible enough to know that there are always two sides to a story.

Bit of a knee jerk reaction signing something without all the facts ie. the other version from a different point of view and only if the other party feel the need to justify it to anyone?

Would be interesting though to read the circumstances that led to his "eviction".

History
History
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby rtodd31 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:28 pm

Its my sister in laws dad and it was a complaint to the farmer who then sent a letter but there was supposed to have been 2 letters sent one of which he could've appealed against but he didn't recieve the first letter :? but he got the second one conveniently :x just spoke to my sister in law she'll be on later but she was reading these posts out to her dad and he knows who ionns is think everyone knows ionns on here :lol: just kidding but anyway when emma read out what ionns wrote he had to go off the phone cos it was upsetting him to know so many people cared but what can we do the farmer says its something to do with law rules and regulations hmmmmm strange also i just drove past there dropping my son off at his aunties and i couldn't help but laugh cos the caravan is not even directly in front of those 2 houses thats been the whole point for brian being there. And why wait a few years before complaining also i'm just so sick of people thinking there better than others why shouldn't brian enjoy the view as much as anyone else theres a whole world out there if you want a view so bad built a house at the top of a hill oops better not it might slowly start sinking then that'll be another complaint :lol:

What can we do?
rtodd31
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby doodledandy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Just to set the record straight. We live in the house nearest to Brians caravan and love this part of Kintyre as he does.
We have never had a problem with his or anyone elses caravan in the area and would never seek to ruin other peoples happiness. We have lived in Kintyre all our lives and esharp25 has done us a great disservice to suggest that we have in any way been instrumental in having Brian evicted from his much loved site. Unlike some other contributers we are not hiding behind a nom de plume and will always address people and problems face to face, so be very sure of all facts before posting.
Alastair and Beeshie Gilchrist.
doodledandy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby rtodd31 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:09 pm

esharp25 did not say it was you doodledandy but i can see how you felt that anyway staying so near she read the letter out to me a few mins ago and the council said he had to move because it is illegally placed which again i find strange cos if its the farmers land how can the council say who can go where so we do have our facts right more so now doodledandy but this was not directed at you as i knew you stayed there and as i said to my sister in law this morning i couldn't imagine it being you! Also can anyone enlighten us on rights cos the council stated in the letter not the farmer (sorry) that if he'd applied for planning permission it wouldn't have been granted anyway so it leads me back to this again why wait 10 years has something changed cos thats how long brians caravan has been there for!!!!!!!!
rtodd31
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby esharp25 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:17 pm

In response to doodledandy I in no-way meant to cos anyone diservice by posting this i didn't say who it was or wasn't as we didn't know and i apologise if i offended you as this was not my intention but i can see how you would feel that. My sister in law said you were local and it'd be very unlikley to be you and since your post i have read the letter. The caravan holds alot of memories for me and my family and its just very upsetting i don't think there will be anything we can do but sorry again doodledandy :(
esharp25
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Malky » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:05 pm

rtodd31 wrote:Also can anyone enlighten us on rights cos the council stated in the letter not the farmer (sorry) that if he'd applied for planning permission it wouldn't have been granted anyway so it leads me back to this again why wait 10 years has something changed cos thats how long brians caravan has been there for!!!!!!!!

Council seem to be tightening up on planning in relation to caravans these days. There's one near us that has the planning dept checking it out. Not any of ours I hasten to add so don't panic DavieP :) Have you informed the council that the first letter wasn't received? And if it had been received their decision would have been appealed. Might be worth an informal chat with a friendly solicitor. I wish you well.

BTW, some strong and emotive words in this thread. Doodledandy and History are right to say that facts should be checked before posting.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby esharp25 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:36 pm

Thankyou for that suggestion Malky..i will look into that :) (i appreciate any sugestions offered...i will have to look into this with more depth..find out the rules and regulations....and as suggested ...with more of the facts!!! :?
esharp25
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Next

Return to Current Affairs