Whisky Galore

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:47 am

We stayed at Carraig Fhada at the time - Singing Sands was a favorite spot. I remember hiring bicycles and cycling out past the Laphroaig Distillery. My sons bicycles chain snapped about Twelve miles outside Port Ellen.
I had to scooter like on the way back - covered in oil. We arrived back when the prince passed - the car slowed down as they passed. He was sitting in the back with two or three other people. We where a right site after a Twenty Four mile cycle. I remember him looking at me eye to eye - The strangest feeling washed over me - as if someone had walked over my grave. It took several glasses of Laphroaig to calm me down. Incidentally this has happened twice - the other time in Glasgow's George Square - I was demonstrating carrying a red flag - again the car slowed at the corner he pointed to the flag - then looked me in the eye. shiver shiver. Seven pints of McEwans
Heavy eased the pain. :lol:
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby witchnettle » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:40 am

my favourite whisky is Lagavulin, i love the peatyness of it, and a cheap alternative is White Horse, they use the lagavulin barrels to make White Horse in and it seems to have the same peatyness. But i find it really hard to get White Horse these days, (not that i am always searching for whisky), but i can't remember seeing it on any shelves of late.
x
flag flax fodder and frig
witchnettle
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:30 am

ionnsaigh wrote:We stayed at Carraig Fhada at the time - Singing Sands was a favorite spot. I remember hiring bicycles and cycling out past the Laphroaig Distillery. My sons bicycles chain snapped about Twelve miles outside Port Ellen.
I had to scooter like on the way back - covered in oil. We arrived back when the prince passed - the car slowed down as they passed. He was sitting in the back with two or three other people. We where a right site after a Twenty Four mile cycle. I remember him looking at me eye to eye - The strangest feeling washed over me - as if someone had walked over my grave. It took several glasses of Laphroaig to calm me down. Incidentally this has happened twice - the other time in Glasgow's George Square - I was demonstrating carrying a red flag - again the car slowed at the corner he pointed to the flag - then looked me in the eye. shiver shiver. Seven pints of McEwans
Heavy eased the pain. :lol:

When I grow up I'm going to make a film about this! Sure to take away the top prize at Cannes!! :lol:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:52 am

Och a no - a should be oan the stage - it leaves in Five minutes - pulled by a White Horse. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Muffinz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:22 pm

is prince as short in reallife as he appears on MTV?
Muffinz
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:32 pm

Aye - with a whiter shade of pale - awe the wee Emoticons are awe Chinese - naw darkies oan there. :D :) :( :o :lol: 8) :? :shock: :x :oops: :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: see whit a mean. :lol:
Poll Tax - a hivnae a bluddy clue - a went tae a widin weddin wance - Two Poles.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby petewick » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:15 am

witchnettle wrote:my favourite whisky is Lagavulin, i love the peatyness of it, and a cheap alternative is White Horse, they use the lagavulin barrels to make White Horse in and it seems to have the same peatyness. But i find it really hard to get White Horse these days, (not that i am always searching for whisky), but i can't remember seeing it on any shelves of late.
x

The reason you can't find it nowadays is because you arsed it all! x
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:30 pm

Slightly off thread, but hopefully it'll be permitted. One of my favourite jokes of all time:

A White Horse walk into a bar.
The barman takes a look at him and says "Hey, we've got a whisky named after you!"
And the horse says - "What :? ........ Eric?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know it's very old, and yes, I'll get ma jaiket :oops:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby UP THE ROAD » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:11 pm

Sheik Yir Erse wrote:Slightly off thread, but hopefully it'll be permitted. One of my favourite jokes of all time:

A White Horse walk into a bar.
The barman takes a look at him and says "Hey, we've got a whisky named after you!"
And the horse says - "What :? ........ Eric?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know it's very old, and yes, I'll get ma jaiket :oops:

Another one is a Horse walked into a bar and the Barman said to the Horse -Hey What's with the long face? :lol: :lol: :lol:
UP THE ROAD
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby EMDEE » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:07 am

I had a very large Laphroaig tonight.

Believe it or not, I was addressing a haggis, and it is a lottery as regards what whisky you get in that situation. Tonight it was unmistakable-Laphroaig. As I said earlier, it smells like a wood fire and tastes of halogens. As soon as I smelled it, I thought again it was the most unmistakable whisky in the country, and it is so distinctive that it does not even taste like other whisky (As we know it). Compared to this, the popular blends really are “cooking whisky” this is not just whisky, it is wood, it is peat bog, it is sea, it is fire.

There is whisky and then there is Laphroaig. :shock:

In the vein of the last two posts:

Dog walks into the Wild West bar. One of his front legs is bandaged up.

He swaggers up to the bar, puts his two front legs on top of the bar, and says:

“Ah’m lookin’ for the guy that shot ma paw.” :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by EMDEE on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:19 am

Laphroig is some good stuff..
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re:

Postby rtodd31 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:20 pm

Govangirl wrote:[I'm glad you explained because folk will be thinking I'm drinking the hard stuff if I was asking how to do a quote box when it is already there :lol:

yipeeeeeeee i've been trying to do this for ages thanks govan girl i'm glad i wasn't the only one who didn't know how to do it quotes here we come :lol:
rtodd31
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Whisky Galore

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:05 pm

A think - aff goat it . :lol:
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Current Affairs